Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pundamilla Nyeri

First time "attempted breeder" here.

A few months back, I had bought a variety of juvenile labs from a LFS for my smaller tank (29gal). Lately, I've been looking at them in more depth and one isnt showing the same characteristics as my other labs. I believe I have a male Pundamilla Nyeri in the mix. That being said, he's by far the best looking fish in that tank.

Today I decided to go back to the same LFS. I brought back 4x hotties for my Mr. P. Nyeri. Right now the 1 male (He's about 2.5"), and the 4 females (range from 1-2".. possibly too small to mate at the moment?) are in a tank with a couple yellow/white labs, a perlmutt and a pleco. I'm prepared to set up a smaller tank aside for if/when a pair break off. (Would a 10gal be sufficient enough for a 2-3" breeding pair?)

Is there anything else I should know or do in preparation if anything happens?

Thanks

They are actually harem breeders. A good mix is about 3 to 4 females per male. As far as tank size, the 29 gallon would be a good size for a group of 4 or 5 at that size.
    125- WC Ilangi Yellow
    40- WC L46

Comment

Off topic...I have a F1 3in female Pundamilia Nyererei in need of a good home. She's breeding size and actually held once before. I visit Spring every 2-3 weeks or so. She's free if you want her.

Comment

Awesome, that would be great! I'd probably give you something for your time anyway, but still wonderful. The females I picked up today kind of feel like "rescues", so I don't know how they will end up in the long run. Outside of being pretty young/small, they looked like they either are malnurished or have a parasite. They all have a real minor indentation in their stomach. Giving them a week or so before I start treating for a parasite, waiting until I see their poop a few times. But they're eating and swimming around the tank, they seem fine, just look a little weak. I would definitely be putting your Nyererei in another tank until I get things sorted out here first to play it safe.

Just let me know the next time you're coming to the area and I'll make the proper preperations for her!

Daniells1: Thanks! I'll be sure to move around my labs then if/when the time comes and leave the 29gal to the lovebir...lovefish?

Comment

PM me your info or email so I can let you know when I heading out that way. Yeah..males have stunning colors..female not so much.

Comment

Working...
          X