Picked up a Canon T2i this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up a Canon T2i this weekend!

I picked u a canon T2i this weekend at best buy for black friday. it has a 18-55mm lens and a 55-250mm lens. Got a good deal with the camera both lens's and 8 gb sd card and a bag all for 1k. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I am visiting my parents right now and I just took some pics of my dads goldfish tank to share but Ill have to wait till I get home to post them. And I will also snap some shots of mine tomorrow too maybe. Anyway, I am very pleased! the quailty is amaxing and so clear. The camera also shoots HD Movies.

But My question is what are the optimal settings that work the best while taking pic's of tanks????
    46 gallon bow front
    Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long
    Community SA/CA/African Cichlid (we will see how it works out....)

I also Have a 35-80mm that I used with my old canon reble g that works with the T2i
    46 gallon bow front
    Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long

Comment

Nice pick up! Post some pics..... There are a few Canon users here, including me ( EOS 50D ). You definitely need a flash and a wire. Lighting is key to taking great fish photos.

Comment

It has built in flash. But is there a better one that would be better to get? And what do u mean by a wire!
        46 gallon bow front
        Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long

Comment

Sorry can't help you.

Cannon sucks. )
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by Zebvance View Post
            It has built in flash. But is there a better one that would be better to get? And what do u mean by a wire!
            Built in flashes are fine for regular shooting. For fish and through glass you will need a slave flash, one that mounts to the hot shoe on top of you camera. The wire is a chord that hooks up to the hot shoe and the flash so you can mount the flash on top of the tank or fish. Overhead lighting is mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
              Sorry can't help you.

Cannon sucks. )
              Thai can't help you cause he doesn't even have a real camera.

Comment

Ok I have been reading up on people using flashes pointing down from the top of the tank. Any idea where I can get a a flash that will get the job done that is cheap? Haha my
                Wallet still hasn't recovered from the purchase!
                46 gallon bow front
                Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long

Comment

Canon does have a wireless flash system.

It's just not built in like the nikon d90. So it's going to cost more.

You got to get extra gear.

I have to say, the video on this cannon has gotten great reviews.
                  Last edited by myjohnson; 11-28-2010, 11:51 AM. Reason: sp
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Yea I know I have been looking
                    At a set of 28 filters on eBay for 30 bucks. I also want to get a 2x and I need some hoods. But the video is great! I got some videos of me and my brother shooting our guns on our land over the break.
                    46 gallon bow front
                    Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long

Comment

If you go wireless you're talking big money for the gear. All new flash gear will run another 600 or so.

Comment

Not counting the tripod and macro lens.

I'm going broke over here.
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

honestly i would not go with the cheap filter sets from ebay...
                          there's a reason for people to get $100 plus BW filters,
                          in daily shooting, you really dont need that many filters, so save the money for the good ones, and you will always use them, the resale value does not drop too much on the good filter either.
                          I only use uv, cpl and sometimes nd filter...now the cpl is extremely useful so get a good one...the cheap ones just dont work or gives really bad flare...if u really wanna doing it the right way, save the money to buy the BW cpl. on uv filter get the Hoya hmc, best bang of the buck and people say it is better than BW. You should also go with the 77mm, if you planning to add some lens later on, because most of the good L lens are 77mm, so for the smaller size lens, use a step up ring, its cheap only like a dollar or so on ebay. So this way you dont have to get so many different sizes of filters for your different size lens...then you will have all the money to save and buy a good 77mm uv, and a good 77mm cpl and just call it a day.
                          and also remember you can only use step up rings...never use step down rings..

Comment

Haha yea that's not a option I cant go that expensive haha.I can deal with the wire. It doest have to be the best in the world it just has to work since the only time I will be using it going to
                            Be to take pics of the tanks.
                            46 gallon bow front
                            Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long

Comment

Ok so that sounds good I'll look in to those three filters. So where is a good place to get all this stuff?
                              46 gallon bow front
                              Grow Out Cichlid tank

240 gallon long

Comment

Working...
                              X