Tank Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Moving

I've been meaning to just look up the number and call, but I always seem to remember (or find free time) after business hours...

Anyway- Last year I bought one of the 8'x30"x30" tanks with a stand. I now want it on the other side of the room )

Could you check and let me know what it would cost to have it moved- it's about 15 feet, but there's no way I'd attempt to have it moved without that lift thingie they used.

Thanks,
    -Eileen

will do. same room move??? through any doorways or anything?
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

nope, no doorwars or anything. just going from one wall across the room to the other wall (so it will have to be turned 180* to be facing out, but there's plenty of area in the room).

I'd have to figure out what to do with the fish, and break down the tank to get it ready to move first. I'm off from work all next week, so that might be a good time if it can be arranged. Can you PM me and let me know about how much it would cost to do that? I'm in Deer Park/Pasadena (BW8 and Pasadena Blvd/Red Bluff)

Comment

Ok, talked to Mike a few weeks ago, but then things got hectic (finishing thesis/last grad class, dad in hospital, moving buildings at school, etc) so I didn't follow up.

This is my problem- What the heck do I do with my fish while the tank is broken down, lol.
        A fish fry seems to be the easiest answer.
        Really though- I have 2 catfish and 2 pacus, I'd guess all are between about 18" and 24".
        My original thought was to throw them in my pond outside, but now it's too cold.
        Does anyone have a container big enough to hold them for a bit that I could borrow? I've never done anythng like this before, and I'd like to not kill them all, lol.

Comment

I would think if ADG is moving it, then they would also have a container for the fish.

If not, do you have a big bathtub and air stone?
          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I don't have much money to put into this project, and it would be a lot cheaper to have the tank broken down and just have them physically pick it up and move it to the other side of the room.

I thought about the bathtub, but I think the pacus are too tall for it.

I'll have to check out my big cooler, that might be tall enough- then maybe get a couple more to fit everyone, lol.

Realistically (though I really wanted this done soon) it's probably easiest to wait until the pond it warm enough again in the spring, and toss them in there for the move. Just figured I'd touch base and get any thoughts on it.

Comment

i have a large container you can use and i live in Deer park as well....lmk
              300 - Moba blue zaire Front
              125 - troph mixed

Comment

Working...
              X