water lily and koi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water lily and koi.

What is the name of the largest blue water lily. And where is the best place to buy koi in houston.

Check out http://www.victoria-adventure.org/ for general water lily info. Lots of good info and nice pic.

Comment

I would recommend Nelson's Water Gardens and Nursery in Katy. They have quality koi for a decent price and sell lillys as well.
      135 gal Fahaka Puffer
      150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
      185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Magicfishy have you ever tried growing any of the victorias from seed?

Comment

YES, and I did it! I had several and I took them to my country pond (after it got warm enough) and I also gave several away to my neighbors there. I also sold a couple on eBay though it was quite an adventure to package the prickly things. I tried to grow them again this past spring since, I figured, I knew what I was doing but unfortunately, one thing after another, and I ended up with none this year.

HOWEVER, a couple of the seeds of one of the ones I had in the country sprouted on their own so I ended up with two beautiful Victorias there. I guess Mother Nature did a better job than I did! But since this is a bit further north, and a bit colder, they got a late start and didn't get quite as large as the ones I started in my aquariums last year. The pads of this year's Victorias are only about 5-6 ft diameter. Last year they were more like 8-9 ft. The flowers are only about the size of a soccer ball this year. Last year they were more like an oversized basketball.....huge and absolutely beautiful!

I'm going to try again in the spring....since this time I know what I'm doing.... yeah right!

Comment

Hey where do you get your seeds from? On ebay they seem pretty cheap. But they're are so many different sellers. If you get any small ones ill buy one from you

Comment

I have blue wAtrer lilly for sale 30.00 and it is a 4 yr old with blooms! I alos have bright pink some size and about 6 this year plants of the pink and I think 3 of the blue that are this years for 15.00 each if interested!!

Comment

By the way do you knowof any body that has black butterfly koi for sale and some gin rin butterfly?

Comment

Uh Black As in jet black? Or charcoal I had a charcoal one with a ranbow tail with pink and white fins Jumped out while i was draining water didnt know cause i was inside when i found out it was dead. And try unlimited fish n pets for the koi. Im looking for gin rin butterfly also havent found any yet. And how big are the flowers on the lilies?

Comment

Water lillies and koi

I have a friend that may have a white gin rin butterfly she will be_DSC3357.jpg selling . It is between 7 and 9 inches. The water lilliesblooms are about 4 to 5 inch across. Here is a couple of pictures of the variety I have!! _DSC3428_0958.jpg

Comment

By the way the koi I want are all coal black butterfly!! I have a friend that has a lot of koi for sale in Vidor. He gets some really pretty ones in and righ now even has some high quality in butterfly and also standard along with I pool full of smaller sizes!! I think the are 125.00 each and about 18" long on the high quality. Other just depend on size and quality from 12.00 to 100.00. If you want his name and # let me know. the only Gin Rin he has is standard!

Comment

i got a high quality 4 steps Gin Rin butterfly kohaku for sale or for trade for a standard fin.

Comment

Picture and price and size please!!!!

Comment

I bet its going to be real pricy if its big.^
                            And do you know how much for the white gin rin butterfly?

Comment

The koi are probably 25.00 or 30.00 each and she only has 2 I think! When she got them they were yellow and white but no more yellow!! If interested let me know since she is in DeRidder, LA!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X