nows a good time to go collecting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nows a good time to go collecting.

at least up here in the woodlands it is. since its been a month without rain, a lot of the creeks and bayous have dried up to a tiny trickle, or even just to puddles. Lots and lots of fish in these puddles, I was able to grab a couple sunfish from one particularly shallow puddle with my hand!

Nice are sunfish agressive? Could i keep them with my koi and goldfish?

Comment

I've never kept them myself, but I'm pretty sure theyre pretty aggressive.

Comment

what kind of fish, shrimp, snails plants and other live creatures are found in our area?
        and where can i go collect them? i been wanting to go collecting but don't know where
        would be a good spot or what i can find

Comment

Feel free to join us, even if you are not a member.
          PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Sounds good, i'll go if i'm not scheduled to work, and will this be in the park so i can be exempt from having to have a fishing license/permit

Comment

pretty sure you have to have a permit even in the park.

theres some links somewhere in this section that talk about all the different fish in the area.

Comment

well i saw another member post this on another thread http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...ms/familyfish/

Comment

Originally posted by electricblue View Post
                  what kind of fish, shrimp, snails plants and other live creatures are found in our area?
                  and where can i go collect them? i been wanting to go collecting but don't know where
                  would be a good spot or what i can find
                  Here are a couple links to threads in this forum:

Dedicated to those fishes, plants and inverts endemic to North America: Discussions, aquarium husbandry, pictures, IDs, collecting, etc.

Dedicated to those fishes, plants and inverts endemic to North America: Discussions, aquarium husbandry, pictures, IDs, collecting, etc.

The second is an awesome resource for fish and inverts around Houston.
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

electric, I would call ahead to the rangers office at the park and confirm, before going.

Comment

I think there was a link on that page with a list of participating parks. It would definitely be a good idea to call ahead and also print out that page to take with you just in case.

Here: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...sh/stateparks/
                      Last edited by BeefyG; 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM. Reason: found the link
                      135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                      150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                      185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Working...
                      X