• Altum Angels

Enjoy

They look great!Nice fish!
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

looks good dude.

What light you added to the tank to get these shots?
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

No extra lights, just slowed it down. They are easy cause they swim so slow.

Comment

There you go bro!! Looks awesome.
          Please post a description of the setup and maintenance rutine.

Comment

Dang Miggy you making me work!

This tank is a 48X24X29 150g with custom stand and canopy. Right now I'm running a ADG W/D with a Iwaki external pump and a Eheim 2217. Lighting is twin Coralife 36 inch T5H0 in 10K.

I still have a few thing to do on this tank to help support the plants. First pull the W/D and replace it with a 2260. In conjunction with that I will be running a 2217 hooked up to a Co2 reactor. As of now I don't have a real routine except doing 50% wc weekly. These fish are already acclimated to tap water, so I got lucky. I feed them NLS, bloodworms and flake food. Planning on feeding them P.Mysis shrimp also. That's about it....

Comment

Effin sweet. I love Altums. Have you thought about using an LED light fixture for a more natural light?
              If it ain't wild caught
              You ain't doing it right

Comment

I have a LED fixture, I may just stick it on there just to see what it looks like. Since this tank is so deep, I'm not sure if the light will penetrate very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
                  Dang Miggy you making me work!

This tank is a 48X24X29 150g with custom stand and canopy. Right now I'm running a ADG W/D with a Iwaki external pump and a Eheim 2217. Lighting is twin Coralife 36 inch T5H0 in 10K.

I still have a few thing to do on this tank to help support the plants. First pull the W/D and replace it with a 2260. In conjunction with that I will be running a 2217 hooked up to a Co2 reactor. As of now I don't have a real routine except doing 50% wc weekly. These fish are already acclimated to tap water, so I got lucky. I feed them NLS, bloodworms and flake food. Planning on feeding them P.Mysis shrimp also. That's about it....
                  Go easy with the W/C man, 25% weekly or 50% bi-weekly should be fine. With the plants and your good filtration is enough IMO. They are gorgeous man, i need go to your place and take a look of one of my favorites fish.

Comment

Thanks bro. I only did 50% cause I needed to tie the plants down. Bio load is small so I'll do 25% weekly from now on. You're always welcome at my place.

Comment

I would stick with the wet/dry and 2217...it will keep a clean water surface...especially if your gonna feed Mysis. As for the LED, Marineland just dropped their new LED light.
                      250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

will the wet/dry let your CO2 out???
                        250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Yeah W/D and Co2 are not good friends. Co2 will gas out and you would have to pump twice as much to get the desired dose. I'll have to do away with Mysis shrimp then.

Comment

when are you getting 500 tetras?
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Never, maybe 100 Buenos Aires Tetras and 15 Sterbai Cories.

Comment

Working...
                              X