Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just the beginning....

Tank: 40g breeder 36"x16"Hx24"W
    Lights: 150watt JBJ K2 Viper 14k HQI MH, 70watt JBJ K2 Viper 20K HQI MH, strip of LED 7500k
    Filtration: Eheim 2217, CPR BAK PAK 2 Reef skimmer
    60+ LBS of LR, 10LBS Tonga Branches

66576_1571775807153_1018233747_1608082_1167062_n.jpg40157_1571817728201_1018233747_1608162_1566892_n.jpg59619_1570562656825_1018233747_1606354_7443041_n.jpg64854_1570561776803_1018233747_1606351_6292712_n.jpg40116_1570563456845_1018233747_1606355_6128448_n.jpg

So far so good man!

Slowly pack that thing with corals and it will look pimp!
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Thanks bro, wish I had a better camera...Phone pictures are terrible.

I don't know why but whenever I feed my anenome a shrimp my clownfish takes it away...Maybe he's just a bad host?

Comment

Others have had to put a large net or plastic colandar, or someone mentioned a strawberry fruit basket over the anemone immediately after feeding for that very reason. Someone else mentioned that clowns do not actually feed the anemone, but that they are storing large food for themselves, but the anemone actually eats it first.

Comment

Articles suggest that anenomes dont actually need to be fed because they eat the clownfishes poop and only require mostly light. Rarely do they actually get a chance to eat a prey in the wild.

Comment

yeah but keeping an anemone fat and happy, may keep it from moving around the tank alot and running over your corals. In my opinion anemones are not the best things for a coral tank.
            75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

+1, they will move soon or later and when they do they sting whatever is in their way.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer, but I have had no problems with keeping 2 anenomes in my coral tank. BUT!!! i feed each about 1/2 a cube of thawed mysis shrimp every week. They can close around the mysis very quickly and the fish dont have a chance to get anything but what falls out. they havent moved in 2 years because they have no reason to with the weekly food offereings.
                i would mention that you should keep an eye on the tomato/clam issue. on rare occassions tomatos will try and host a clam which hurts it's fleshy mantle and it will slowly die OR!!! the clam will snap on the fish and thats not much prettier. Ive heard the fish loosing version much more often.

BUT great tank. nice setup, hope you have enough money to pack that bugger with lots of coral.
                Softie Reef

Comment

my bubble tip has eaten three damels that i had in my tank

Comment

I usually feed my anemone once a week. I normally feed my clowns pretty well, then fees the anemone. If they are well fed, they are less likely to pull the food outta the anemones mouth. Once I've seen a clown bring food to anemone. It was awesome.

Comment

Well, i havent fed the anenome but i have seen the clown kill a small bait shrimp i threw in there from my texas city fishing trip. I think the clown fed it a piece of shrimp. The anenome hasnt moved but seems happy between tonga branches it stays on a dead oyster sell that is stuck to a live rock. I notice it looses puffiness in the tips when i keep the lights past 12hrs and water temps get to about 82-83 degrees. I have since added a large 60watt fan when keeping lights on and reduced the amount of time i keep the lights on the tank to 10hrs. Water temps stay below 80. The clam is away from the clowns at the bottom and have not seen them trying to get near it.

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
                        I usually feed my anemone once a week. I normally feed my clowns pretty well, then fees the anemone. If they are well fed, they are less likely to pull the food outta the anemones mouth. Once I've seen a clown bring food to anemone. It was awesome.
                        with the help of my clown it ate my damsels

Comment

Sweet!

Put that on tape next time.
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

haha that sounds awesome. I wish i had cool clowns that drive other fish to their deaths. The only thing my clowns do is bite me when i put my hand in the water.

Comment

before i had the clown our last damsel was hosting in the bubble tip and i woke up turned the lights on and i saw my damsel being consumed by the bubble tip with the clown pushing him in

Comment

Working...
                              X