Don Scott Fundraiser at HAS Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Scott Fundraiser at HAS Auction

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes here...but we've been discussing it and have decided that on October 17th at the HAS Auction we are going to set up a special seller ID for items that people wish to donate at the auction to be sold to the highest bidder to help Don defray some of the medical bills as well. The seller ID for this purpose will be DON. All you have to do is hand the items to the registration people when you come in and the rest will be taken care of by the staff. All proceeds will go to Don and his family. Hopefully we can raise some money through this to add to the other good fundraising activity that's going on.

Here's a link to the auction if you need the info:
    Charles Jones
    http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
    Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Smart thinking!
    10g Community Planted Aquarium
    10g-CRS Planted Aquarium
    55g Saltwater Aquarium-
    20gH-Angelfish Planted Aquarium
    20gL-Leopard Gecko

A 13 Year Old Teen Who Loves his animals!!
    YOUTUBE: Michael15551

Comment

I have a question. Im new to the forum. What is the has auction? Where is it? And how often does it happen? Is livestock sold? If so what species?

Comment

Originally posted by koi View Post
        I have a question. Im new to the forum. What is the has auction? Where is it? And how often does it happen? Is livestock sold? If so what species?
        There is a link at the top of this thread that you can check.

Also check this link.

The oldest aquarium society in Texas and one of the oldest aquarium societies in the nation. Check here for club information and happenings.
        Jarrod - Houston, Texas
        150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
        17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
        5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
        3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

The HAS (Houston Aquarium Society) Auction is one of the largest of its kind in the nation. There are regularly pushing 1000 items at the auction. It consists of somewhere around 70-80% livestock and the rest plants, rocks, wood, supplies, etc. Of course it varies each time a bit dependent on what people bring to sell. I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll have a good time and find some stuff you can't do without. Plus, it's one of the larger gatherings of fish folks you'll find.

I'm just glad to have this chance to do some good for Don with this...I've known him for over thirty years and never met a nicer person.
          Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
          Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

When and where is the auction sounds cool i want to go.

Comment

There's a link in the first post....but here's the pertinent info again:

DATE: October 17th, 2010

11 AM START - 10 AM SELLERS CHECK-IN

AMERICAN LEGION POST 11702 GALVESTON ROAD

HOUSTON, TX 77034
              Charles Jones

Comment

Please remember to let the registration table know of any items you have for the Don Scott fundraiser this morning...
                Charles Jones

Comment

Working...
                X