Did I hurt my anenome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I hurt my anenome?

Picked up a GBTA today about 5" first second it went into the tank it was happy for about 3 hours and showed great big green tips, it opened wide and the tomato clowns accepted it right away nodging it and what not. I was rearranging my tonga branches which the anenome was stuck to and tried to move the anenome it helded on tight, i did not pull on him too hard but afterwards it shribbled up and crawled between the tongs branches away from current and light its still got bubble tips but my clown cant get to it anymore. Will it be ok? Will it come out again? I am a bit worried I hurt it or spooked it. There is no slim coming from it.

Tank: 40g breeder 36x16Hx24W, 60+lbs of live rock, 3 1/2 months old
    Lighting : 150watt 14k hqi MH and strip light of 7500k LED (lighting is 6" above water level)
    Filters: 2217, cpr bak pak 2 reef skimmer, k3 powerhead

parameters:
    79 degrees
    salinity 1.24-1.25
    nirite 0
    ammonia 0
    nirate 5-10
    the rest is good i dont remember but i had the water checked at the lfs today also did a 12g water change with r/o water before adding anenome.

Thanks
    Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM.

It is probably just scared becuase you moved him. That happens. He should be good tomorrow, If he isn't back to his normal self by tomorrow night or the next day then you might want to consult others.

A good method to remove anemomes is to hold the coral out of the water above a bucket. When you hear the "plop", you know it let go.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

Comment

Your salinity is really really high.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Depends how u tried to move the anemone. As long as you didn't damage it's foot you should be alright.

To remove an anemone you have to start at the corner of it's foot and slowly use your fingernail and scrap him off the rock. Slowly....

Keep a close eye on the anemone, they can be sensitive. Watch out if you notice it's mouth opening. I've had to nurse my anemone from near death twice. Not fun. I hope you plan on supplementing it's diet. Lil bits of fresh shrimp andor silverside.

Comment

Ok it's fine now, hes resting in one spot in the open on top of the live rocks. It seems to love my tonga branches and hates current.

Clownfish has been chilling on top of it for awhile now.

Thai, I meant 1.024-1.025
          Last edited by aggrofishkeeper; 10-08-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X