Doing my part to help the Frog Population....Lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing my part to help the Frog Population....Lol

So, started breaking down the pond..cleaning the rocks, removing fish, bringing in the plants. And I found (and yes I counted them all, at least the ones I caught) 22 Leopard Frogs, 27 mini lilly frogs, and 11 toads. I hade them all in tubs with lids until I was done doing the cleaning...Lord only knows how many tadpoles there are....I aint countin those!

But anyways, my beautiful pond has become a small frog/toad sanctuary and breeding grounds. Even found a few of those Whites Tree frogs in my Gardenia Tree and Elephant Ear plants. Plans are in the making for a "screen room" or something along those lines for the pond just to make it easier to clean, and maybe house fish throught the winter, but still be able to open it up for the summer.

Mini Lilly frog:

The Lovers(Leopards):
    BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

whoa thats alot of noisy froggies!!
    25g - Reef
    3.5g - Surge Tank
    10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Yay!!! You are so awesome!

Mark
      What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
        Yay!!! You are so awesome!

Mark
        Thanks, we love them!

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
        whoa thats alot of noisy froggies!!
        And yes they can be noisy at times...but the bug population in the yard sure is down..you can sit outside and not get massacred by skeeters!

Comment

that is a deffinite plus!

your fish arn't eating the tadpoles?
          25g - Reef
          3.5g - Surge Tank
          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
            that is a deffinite plus!

your fish arn't eating the tadpoles?
            Pond has Guppies, Platties, and Swordtails..not goldfish or Koi..so not so much..most the tadpoles are bigger then the guppies, or at least as big. But there are TONS of them...keep finding little Frogpoles crawling out of the pond too..so cute! I got to get a picture of one of them and post it..they are TINY. Some maybe half the size of a Pea.

Comment

Working...
            X