http://eths.org/html/meetings_events.html
    ETHS-LOGO-BLU-BKGRD.jpg
    20th Annual ETHS Reptile Breeders Expo,
    Conference and Educational Exhibit

September 24 - 26, 2010
    Brookhollow Crowne Plaza
    12801 Northwest Freeway
    Houston, Texas
    It's hard to believe but...yes...we are celebrating our 20th Annual Reptile Breeders Expo! We'll kick off the weekend with a "Members Only" Social on Friday night. On Saturday morning, we'll get up early for coffee and donuts before spending the day listening to a variety of talks by a group of notable herpetologists. Saturday night is our annual banquet, keynote speaker and auction. We admit it makes for a long day but when it's all said and done, "It's a good kinda tired."
    On Sunday...come see -- and buy -- thousands of captive bred reptiles and amphibians as well as cages, books and supplies from 60 vendors coming from as far away as New York, California and Florida in 8000+ square feet of exhibitor space. Be sure to check out our FREE Educational Exhibit of live Native Texas Reptiles and Amphibians!

Frequently Asked Questions When is the Expo?

Sunday, September 26 from 11 AM to 5 PM. How much does it cost to attend the Expo?

Adults - $7
    Children under 12 - $3
    Infants/Toddlers in Strollers - Free Is there plenty of parking available for this event?

Yes and it's FREE! What methods of payment do you accept at the door to get into the Expo?

Cash is the only form of payment we accept at this time. An ATM machine is in the lobby of the hotel for your convenience. What can I expect to see and buy when I get to the show?

Snakes, lizards, turtles and tortoises, books, cages, supplies, Herp T-shirts, reptile collecting equipment, herp jewelry and educational info. Can I buy reptiles and setups at your show?

Yes, you can! Do your vendors accept credit cards?

Some vendors do process credit cards. However, if there is something you want to purchase, plan on bringing money with you to the Expo just in case the vendor of your choice does not accept credit cards. An ATM machine is also in the lobby of the hotel for your convenience. Do you have a list of vendors?

We will have a complete and updated list available as the show gets closer. Check back with us in the middle of September to view it. Can I bring my animal from home to the Expo?

The only animals allowed at the show are those brought in by our registered vendors. To ensure the safety and security of your animal, please leave them at home. Will there be venomous reptiles at the show?

No. We allow only non-venomous, captive-bred reptiles at our show. Can I hold a lizard...or maybe even a snake?

Most vendors will allow you to handle their reptiles. However, we recommend you ask their permission first. Do not be surprised if they ask you to use anti-bacterial lotion on your hands before touching their animal. This helps prevent the spread of germs from one reptile to another. Are we allowed to bring cameras and take pictures of the animals?

Of course! If you hold a reptile, someone might even be nice enough to take a picture of you with it using your camera. I want to buy a reptile but don't know what to get. Help!

Come to the show and take your time looking around. It won't take long for you to figure out if you are a "snake", "lizard", "turtle" or "frog" person. Be sure to ask what kind of care it takes for the animal you’ve chosen; some may get quite large, live a long time or have very specialized needs. Asking questions will help you choose the right pet for you. Once you decide, you are on your way to making a purchase. I bought a reptile at the show. Now what?

It can be overwhelming learning about the proper care of your new animal. A couple of vendors will sell books which will help understand their needs. For support throughout the year, though, consider joining the East Texas Herpetological Society (ETHS). There is a wealth of knowledge and information within the group to help guide you along the way. Can I join the ETHS at the show?

You bet! We will have a table right inside the door with helpful members who can answer all your questions. As an added bonus for joining the day of the Expo, you will receive a reusable black shopping bag with the ETHS logo on it to take home with you. How much does it cost to join the ETHS

Single Membership - $15
    Youth Membership - $10
    Family Membership - $20
    If you join the ETHS the day of the show, you will receive only one (1) shopping bag per membership purchased.
    Is childcare available while I browse the show?

No. Parents are responsible for their children at all times. Are refreshments available?

Food and drink can be purchased at the hotel gift shop or restaurant.
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

I had wanted to go, but I'll be out of town. Really wanted to find some pokies (Poecilotheria). I think being woken by my spiders drumming to each other would be awesome.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Working...
    X