Will there be a fall auction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a fall auction?

I was wondering if there would be an auction this fall or if I have to wait til spring. :)
    Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Originally posted by Fancyfish View Post
    I was wondering if there would be an auction this fall or if I have to wait til spring. :)
    Well does anybody know? Judging from the website no-one knows yet, or if they do it's still a secret. I'd like to know too...Thanks
    Have Net Will Travel

Comment

Definitely going to be one...there always is. HAS has 3 auctions a year.

Comment

Just curious.....has the sluggish economy had an impact on these events in the past 18 monhts?

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

I have a pile of stuff that I need to get rid of....
          Jarrod - Houston, Texas
          150 gallon - my African cichlid monster tank (I know it isn't a big as yours)
          17 gallon - Threadfin rainbows and corys lightly planted
          5 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder
          3 gallon - planted red cherry shrimp breeder

Comment

The HAS Fall Auction will be Sunday, October 17th at the usual location...I'll post the details shortly
            Charles Jones
            http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
            Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Here you go...

http://www.houstonaquariumsociety.or...PAGE-Fall2.htm

Here's a paste...pardon any font issues please

PLEASE JOIN US AT THE

HOUSTON AQUARIUM SOCIETY’S

FALL LIVE FISH AUCTION
              (FISH, PLANTS, SUPPLIES, AND MORE)
              DATE: October 17th, 2010
              11 AM START - 10 AM SELLERS CHECK-IN

AMERICAN LEGION POST 11702 GALVESTON ROAD

HOUSTON, TX 77034

(WHERE THE JET IS)
              Please no outside food or drink! No Smoking inside the building!

THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP SOME GREAT FISH THAT YOU NEVER SEE IN STORES
              AS WELL AS SOME COOL STUFF AT THE SILENT AUCTION! DON’T MISS IT!!
              PLEASE CALL ONE OF THE TWO PHONE NUMBERS LISTED BELOW TO OBTAIN A SELLER ID IF YOU WISH TO SELL!
              Please read and follow the rules below. Fish or plants that are improperly bagged will be rebagged and you will be charged for each one. Make sure the size of your bags are the right size for the fish they hold and that you have the correct quantity of air and water for the fish to survive. Dead fish at Check Out will be deducted from your proceeds.
              CALL 832-595-2777 -or- 281-286-2238 FOR MORE DETAILS

HOUSTON AQUARIUM SOCIETY
              AUCTION RULES
              --Everyone is welcome, hobbyists and professionals alike. You do not have to be an HAS member to buy or sell. Items are accepted for sale at the sellers risk! HAS will not accept responsibility for any item’s safe keeping nor its condition before or after the sale.
              --There is no total bag limit! There is, however, a limit of five (5) bags of any one species or type of item per seller. Priority stickers will be issued at the time of registration. Each seller in the auction will be allotted four colored stickers for each four items to be placed in the auction. The items will be divided into four color groups, red - yellow - green - blue. If a buyer wishes to move a bag up in the auction, they may do so by paying a $2.00 fee.
              --Proper fish bags must be used. Zip-locks and baggies are unacceptable. Live animals must be properly bagged with air and water. Please double bag. There will be a $2.00 charge to the seller of any bags that we must re-bag.
              --Please label bags with fish or plant name, quantity, and sex if known. Labeling must be done in waterproof black ink. If a stick-on label is used it must be white.
              --Larger fish or animals may be put into buckets or Styrofoam boxes to be sold with the item.
              --Minimum bids will be accepted! However, 25% of the minimum bid will be charged to the seller if the item is passed.
              --Seller will retain 75% of the sale price with the remaining 25% going to HAS.
              --All sellers will be given a seller number which must appear on every item.
              --Buyer and seller ID are not the same. Anyone wishing to bid, including sellers, must be registered as a bidder. There is no admittance fee. There is a $5.00 bidder fee per person if you wish to bid on anything in the live or silent auctions
              --At least 5 minutes notice will be given before closing each table at the silent auction.
              –If you wish to obtain a seller number before the auction or have any other questions please call 281-286-2238.
              --The American Legion Post will serve refreshments at a nominal fee.
              Please no outside food or drink! NO SMOKING per Houston Ordinance!
              Charles Jones

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
              Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

You want your favorite Vanna White there?
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Sure...
                  Charles Jones

Comment

NOOOoooooo I missed it!!!! Sigh, so when's the next auction! :)
                    Guppies:
                    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Fancyfish View Post
                      NOOOoooooo I missed it!!!! Sigh, so when's the next auction! :)
                      Most likely around March of 2011 . This will be the Spring auction .

Comment

When are the checks expected to arrive? Have not seen anything yet.
                        BEWARE Guard GUPPIES On Duty!

Comment

Mailed them out tonight...got a little delayed because Dave had to go out of town.
                          Charles Jones

Comment

never been to one i would like to check it out sometime sounds like fun!! i just recently started back the hobby so im lookin for some good deals lol let me know when the next one is please
                            55 gal DISCUS Community Tank)
                            45 gallon tank OB Peacock, asst. peacock, with albino oscars community
                            10 gallon (fancey guppy, dwarfpuffer, mollies, platys)
                            10 gallon Hospital tank
                            2.5 gallon dragon betta male tank
                            13 gallon plants only tank soon to B saltwater!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X