Live Aquaria.com Plant buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Aquaria.com Plant buy

Me and my gf were restocking one of my tanks, and setting up a new tank at her place, so we bit the bullet and did an online order of fish and plants from LiveAquaria.com. The fish order was on par; good service, quality fish (actually got an extra cardinal tetra), all the things you would expect. What I want to compliment is the plant order.

They had most of the plants listed on the website, which is quite a selection. Priority shipping was only 13 dollars, but we upgraded it to 16 bucks for overnight shipping. We picked up some java ferns, Balanese plants, 2 Red Rubins, and some Anubias Congrensis (which is actually Anubias afzelii). The plants were in great shape, all were the size they described, except for the anubias. They were described as 5-7", but when I got them, were almost a foot from the rhizome to the tip of a leaf! We actually had to redesign the layout because they plants were bigger than we thought possible. All the plants were very healthy, and so far look great.

Great buy.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

Originally posted by Sea-agg09 View Post
    The plants were in great shape, all were the size they described, except for the anubias. They were described as 5-7", but when I got them, were almost a foot from the rhizome to the tip of a leaf! We actually had to redesign the layout because they plants were bigger than we thought possible. All the plants were very healthy, and so far look great.
    That's awesome to hear! Doesn't happen very often in this hobby. :biggrin: Thanks for the review!
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Pictures!!!!!:)
      Guppies:
      Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
      Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
      HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Sounds great.
        I've ordered from them before, but my experience wasn't so great.

I ordered some Dwarf Hairgrass.
        When it came in, one pot was completely brown and dying. One pot had two spiders in it. Another had a small beetle of some sort.
        On top of that, all of the pots were barely filled in. The hairgrass was only growing in the center. Not much to work with.
        Another problem I had was that my pots were covered in duckweed. Those things are a pain to get rid of!

I'm hoping that my experience was just a one time thing.
        I'm not saying don't buy from Liveaquaria. Please, do.
        I've done business numerous times with Drs. Foster & Smith without any problems.

I'm just glad that Liveaquaria can still deliver quality products.
        Perhaps I will try my luck again another time.

Comment

Here are some pictures.
          Java Ferns

Random extra sword hitch-hiker. Not sure what it is.

Here is the Anubia I picked up from fish gallery 4 months or so. I used a pruning tongs as a size reference.

Here is one of the new anubias from liveaquaria. I cleaned the window and didn't let the gunk settle, so things are a bit messy in there.
          75 planted (Being Renovated)
          Endlers
          gobies
          lots of nanos

Comment

Very nice!
            Guppies:
            Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
            Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
            HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Working...
            X