One Man Iwagumi Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Man Iwagumi Challenge!

This weekend, ADG Online is hosting it's first multimedia based event - the One Man Iwagumi Challenge.

We are taking a 120-H tank and going all out with an Iwagumi scape for everyone to enjoy.

The only problem is, we're having trouble deciding on what to use:

Hakkai Stone, or Seiryu Stone?

The solution? we want your feedback and to see what you'd most like to see, so let us know!

You can place your support for the holy Hakkai Stone or the rough-and-ready Seiryu Stone at our adgonline facebook page simply by commenting on our latest post:

Seiryu stone
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
      Seiryu stone
      hands down.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

+2.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

stuffs played out...Hakkai stone all the way.
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

do a real tank...tropheus.

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
              do a real tank...tropheus.
              )

Placed my vote on FB. Who's the "One Man?"
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I agree with MB!

In on way are Seiryu rocks played out.

Randell has not even had one pound in his tanks to comment.

But both rocks looks good. Win-win situation to me.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

The video is posted and SWEET if I might add...check it out and let us know if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                    stuffs played out...Hakkai stone all the way.
                    did you just refer to an aquascape like its some sort of high fashion? LOL dont over glorify the hobby.

seiryu stone is classic and very traditional. absolutely gorgeous tanks are created with these and probably one of the hardest tanks to create in this hobby.
                    I make people happy

Comment

Originally posted by mark razmandi View Post
                      did you just refer to an aquascape like its some sort of high fashion? LOL dont over glorify the hobby.

seiryu stone is classic and very traditional. absolutely gorgeous tanks are created with these and probably one of the hardest tanks to create in this hobby.
                      Seiryu is nice. I bought some and I have to say they looked great even though I didn't get the primo stuff.

But hakkai is on a whole new level. Hakkai stones are found only around mt. Hakkai. It is forbidden to collect those rocks. Amano got special permission from the japanese government to collect a bit for his rock collection. He in turn gave Jeff have his pick to grab 7 rocks to bring back to America. Possibly the only hakkai stones in America.

So......
                      Priceless Hakkai or $5 a pound seiryu. Your choice.
                      Last edited by soymilk; 08-31-2010, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
                        Seiryu is nice. I bought some and I have to say they looked great even though I didn't get the primo stuff.

But hakkai is on a whole new level. Hakkai stones are found only around mt. Hakkai. It is forbidden to collect those rocks. Amano got special permission from the japanese government to collect a bit for his rock collection. He in turn gave Jeff have his pick to grab 7 rocks to bring back to America. Possibly the only hakkai stones in America.

So......
                        Priceless Hakkai or $5 a pound seiryu. Your choice.
                        ok so if its not even available why would it even be considered as an option? lol right?
                        I make people happy

Comment

It's an option for Jeff. He just received 7 from amano himself in japan. For the rest of us.... Sadly no. The best we can do is see it person. When's the grand opening of the actual store front?

Jeff already went with hakkai so it's a moot point now. I wasn't trying to be a smart@$$. Just letting y'all know what hakkai was all about.

Comment

Yeah, I saw these rocks at the store. They are indeed pimp gear.

I just really like the look of Seiryu rocks, both color and texture.

Hakkai are nice because it's rare.

Seiryu are nice b/c it looks good.

But it really is a moot point now.

And that scape is very clean!
                            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
                              It's an option for Jeff. He just received 7 from amano himself in japan. For the rest of us.... Sadly no. The best we can do is see it person. When's the grand opening of the actual store front?

Jeff already went with hakkai so it's a moot point now. I wasn't trying to be a smart@$$. Just letting y'all know what hakkai was all about.
                              oh no, i wasnt offended by your post and i dont think you came off as a smart ***. youre good :)
                              I make people happy

Comment

Working...
                              X