Toying with ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toying with ideas

Okay, so my 2-4 most beloved fish are currently coexisting perfectly well in a 30g planted tank. They include:

Kujo, a 6" Salamander Larvae/ mud puppy (species? I have no clue)
    Dennis, a 12" Tire track eel
    And a pair of Cockatoo cichlids.

*****Also, I understand that for this list of creatures, I need a larger tank but I have no money and I'm confined to a small room where I have already fit all the fish tanks I can, the 30g is the largest I can currently have with the amount of space my 55 takes up.*****

However, when my salamander matures (I need information on this process, I'm doing research but they don't have much that's useful) I would like to set up something where I can have my eel and my cockatoos in a watery section of a large tank and a small mud section for the salamander.

Am I dreaming to big? What hardware will I need? About what size tank should I use? Could I, infact, be over thinking this, and just get a large tank, a hang on turtle rock and create what I need out of these things? When Kujo matures, will he become a more ravenous eating machine and eat my favorite fishes?

Any help is loved. It's just an idea that I'm toying with. As a high school senior, the college money crunch is coming, so if I could simply keep all my favorite fishes in one tank, that would be awesome! That and I'm already poor .
    As I said, any help is loved, any ideas are awesome and any information on getting Kujo to mature faster, would be wonderful!
    Last edited by Dow; 08-14-2010, 09:40 AM.
    College = fishless for now. Vicarious living!

Is it possible the mudpuppy will get large enough to possibly eat the cockatoos? I thought smallish fish was on their list of diet foods.
    Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Working...
    X