Betta albimarginata spawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betta albimarginata spawning

I just walked up to the tank and my betta albimarginata are spawning. The female lays the eggs and picks them up with her mouth spits them out at the male , and holds them in his mouth. I should have known, I noticed her in breeding colors this morning. I've got them on a reverse photo period so I can enjoy my fish when I come home. This is his 3rd spawn. He swallowed the first ones. I killed the second ones by accident. Hope thirds a charm . I got a video, but I don't know how to post it. Oh well
    Just had to share
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Wow, that is supper cool! Hope they do well for you!
    Guppies:
    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Very cool! Hope this time works!

Here ya go, here's how to post a video:

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

I think I gotta figure out how to post on Utube 1st. )
        Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Originally posted by black_knight View Post
          I think I gotta figure out how to post on Utube 1st. )
          Yeah, that might be good. If it helps, I use PhotoBucket. You can post videos on there, too.

I'd really love to see your video!
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

wow....really eager to see this video.

Comment

I've got a photobucket account. just got to remember the passwrod and user name. I've not used it in 4 years. I wonder if all my tropheus pics and artwork is still there? The video is I think 3min. I got one of her spiting an egg out and trying to entice the male to pick it up. It's like a fish with a ping pong ball in her mouth. Bad quality though, I took it with my cell phone. Can't find my "wife's" camera (everything good now belongs to her)
              Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

My male is no longer carrying, but I can't find any fry. It was like this the last set of fry. I'll just have to keep checking the aquarium, though it's highly possible they were eaten. Oh well, the female is starting to show breeding colors again.
                Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

I broke down the tank yesterday, no fry :sad:.
                  I moved them to slightly larger quarters, more plants and malaysian root.
                  Fattening them up again.
                  Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
                  X