PDA

View Full Version : Betta albimarginata spawning

black_knight
08-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I just walked up to the tank and my betta albimarginata are spawning. The female lays the eggs and picks them up with her mouth spits them out at the male , and holds them in his mouth. I should have known, I noticed her in breeding colors this morning. I've got them on a reverse photo period so I can enjoy my fish when I come home. This is his 3rd spawn. He swallowed the first ones. I killed the second ones by accident. Hope thirds a charm :icon_super:. I got a video, but I don't know how to post it. Oh well :idongetit:
Just had to share

Fancyfish
08-14-2010, 01:03 AM
Wow, that is supper cool! Hope they do well for you!

Mzungu
08-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Very cool! Hope this time works!

Here ya go, here's how to post a video:

http://www.houstonfishbox.com/vforums/content.php?161-How-to-Embed-a-Video-in-a-Thread

black_knight
08-14-2010, 09:55 AM
I think I gotta figure out how to post on Utube 1st. ;))

Mzungu
08-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I think I gotta figure out how to post on Utube 1st. ;))

:lol: Yeah, that might be good. If it helps, I use PhotoBucket. You can post videos on there, too.

I'd really love to see your video!

dhavalsp
08-14-2010, 10:25 AM
wow....really eager to see this video.

black_knight
08-14-2010, 10:33 AM
I've got a photobucket account. just got to remember the passwrod and user name. I've not used it in 4 years. I wonder if all my tropheus pics and artwork is still there? The video is I think 3min. I got one of her spiting an egg out and trying to entice the male to pick it up. It's like a fish with a ping pong ball in her mouth. Bad quality though, I took it with my cell phone. Can't find my "wife's" camera (everything good now belongs to her:lol:)

black_knight
09-06-2010, 11:42 PM
My male is no longer carrying, but I can't find any fry. It was like this the last set of fry. I'll just have to keep checking the aquarium, though it's highly possible they were eaten. Oh well, the female is starting to show breeding colors again.

black_knight
09-14-2010, 12:58 AM
I broke down the tank yesterday, no fry :sad:.
I moved them to slightly larger quarters, more plants and malaysian root.
Fattening them up again.