ADA 60p Tank Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA 60p Tank Journal

So, I'm try to start a journal with updates whenever I have time.

Here is what I got now.

1) ADA 60p
    3) Custom ADA style stand made by CAC

Tank costed me 60 bucks! Thanks to soymilk.
    Custom ADA style stand cost 300 bucks! Thanks to Justin. The ADA stand cost $700 so I think this was a great bargain!

Shot from the front. I made the stand 36'' tall. Didn't like how short the ADA one is. I wanted something closer to the height of the elos mini's stand.

Removable hinges to totally take the front door off when I need to do maintenance on the sump.

Shot from the right side.

I wanted to take shots with my DSLR but I don't have it at my apartment at the moment.

I plan on getting a 24'' Tek light for this set-up. Should be getting it tonight.

Also plan on transferring corals from my ADA 45-f to this tank maybe in 2-4weeks.

Let me know what you guys think.
    I ate my fish that died.

Pimp you giving me the 45?
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

That's a pimp a$$ broom. Yall have good taste. Nice setup too.

Comment

Sweet tank and stand. Justin makes really cool stands.
        If it ain't wild caught
        You ain't doing it right

Comment

ssrprelude;486494]That's a pimp a$$ broom. ROFL
          Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

lol....thats one sick tank..

Comment

throw some water in that sucker already. how'd the tint job go?

Comment

lol, Still haven't done it. I been busy up at work. I canceled my order with fishneedit.com too.

I had deal on a 24'' tek light that I thought was a good deal.

Went to go pick it up Friday and the damn thing didn't work.

So now, I'm still lightless.

I might hold off on transferring stuff from the 45f until I get back from vietnam.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

So I been looking for some inspiration on what I should do with this tank.

I'm still targeting lower light soft corals. I love dirty tanks.

So here are some pictures I found of tanks I really like. I'm most likely going to mix a little bit from each and hope it turns out decent.

Got the pictures from: http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/

I'm still undecided on my lighting as of now.

Maybe two evil PAR 38s or a t5ho 24'' fixture.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

not gonna consider mh at all?
                    dont u want some shimmer going on??
                    i moved my tank out of the room...and now the shimmer projection on the ceiling is kinda fun to just stare at sometimes lol...

Comment

Originally posted by madugo View Post
                      not gonna consider mh at all?
                      dont u want some shimmer going on??
                      i moved my tank out of the room...and now the shimmer projection on the ceiling is kinda fun to just stare at sometimes lol...
                      lol, I have thought about it. I was going to order fishneedits MH but changed my mind.

For shimmer, I was going to get two evil's PAR 38s LEDS.

I don't know. I figure if a good deal comes on I'll jump on it.

I'm really liking the look of a 24'' tek light hung over the tank.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I like the evil par38s but theres just no real good way of putting up the lights.

I really wanted to try track lighting and mounting 2-3 on the ceiling with 40deg lenses. I found some decent floor lamps at ikea that would work pretty well, but then you're already looking at around 300 bucks already. At that price i'd go with a nice used mh+t5ho fixture. The fishneedit lights are pretty cheesy but they work pretty good, and at that price you really can't beat em.

Just throw any light on there and let it cycle. I wanna check out that stand.

Comment

yeah, I'm about to transfer LR and new sand in a few days to get it cycling.

When I come back from Vietnam I'll transfer the corals from my 45f to the 60p.

You think I can find a maxpsec LED fixture in Vietnam?

p.s. You are always welcome over dude. I live close to my old apartment.
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

i work night shift now... sucks. So i'm up when everyone is sleeping. But i'll try to catch you when you get back from VN. I got some old sand here that you're welcome to (from that mini L i set up around feb) only prob is its sugar size.

who knows... you might be able to find some nice stuff over there in vietnam. There's even a freaking ada store somewhere there. You should make a pit stop in Hong Kong and get the good stuff for cheap. Heck I heard even the camera stuff is cheaper. Tamron and sigma lenses are cheap in HK i think.

I remember someone saying on nanoreef they got the older maxspect light for about 200 in HK.

p.s. I noticed you got/want nothing but low light corals. Wouldn't a cheapo 2 bulb T5HO do the trick? I used one a while on that tank, worked decent for my LPS. You shoulda jumped on some of the light fixtures i sold last month. 24" t5ho ( 4 bulb and 2 bulb ) maxspect 60w.
                            Last edited by soymilk; 08-16-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I want low light stuff but I want decently lighting over them.

Makes the zoas grow closer together and shorter.

I'll keep my eye out in VN for some good gear. I'm tag them on lens for sure!
                              Last edited by myjohnson; 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM.
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                              X