Anemone instant death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anemone instant death?

I was looking at my tank and instanly under a minute my anemone shriveled up and turned a grayish color. It's "mouth" looked extented upwards and open. Maybe it's regurgitating? I took a pic with my phone so bad quality.(In middle of pic) I need to check my water. I know my salinity is a little high at 1.026.

From this to that(pic in first post)

Comment

It's just going to the bathroom. They will do that frequently. :)
      Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Thanks. It's getting back to normal now. I did see a nice chunk of something that looked like poop right next to it. Freaked me out when it did that.

Comment

Yeah, they will do it from time. Your salinity is not too high, I'd say it's just right. How are you testing it?

Comment

I used a hydrometer, but I do have a refractometer. I was being lazy

Comment

I use a refractometer 95 percent of the time, I know how far it's off. Hydrometers are typically off, but they are consistently off.

I would recommend keeping your tank between 1.025-1.026 if you have anemones or coral. Most people keep their tanks at 1.0264 or 35 ppt. At 78-80 degrees. Make sure to bring your makeup water close to your tank temp for an accurate salinity reading.

Comment

Working...
              X