Best Place to Buy Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place to Buy Salt

There is this saltwater fish store on Mangum, just North of 290, called "fjwaquarium". He sells Oceanic 200g salt mix for $44.99. I get Instant Ocean 160g mix for $48.99 at Petsmart, but I'm going to start buying from fjw and stop wasting my money and time trying to get rid of the brown algae Instant Ocean is giving me. Just thought I'd let y'all know! :)

PS. He's in the back of a liquor store, so you have to walk through it to get to the aquariums. Don't worry, if you're under age, you can still go in. :)
    Last edited by fishboyt; 08-01-2010, 08:21 PM.
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

yea dennis is a good guy.

i get a lot of corals and stuff from him. if you catch him on a day he gets stuff, sometimes you can hand pick great zoa rocks. I picked up some great colors for 40-50 bucks a rock. Usually 30-40 polyps per rock.

Comment

I've been there, know Dennis. he's a good guy. I remember when it was still just a liquor store and he had stuff he bought and traded laying around. he's a great guy to buy stuff from BECAUSE he has the liquor store. the booze makes him good money so the fish are just his hobby making him extra cash so he can go lower on price than anybody else i know. if i was closer I'd be ther about every week. i still get everyting i can from him because it always seems like no matter what other store i find things, he has a lower price. in fact any of his used light fixtures he sells at the same price you'd find on this site peer to peer.
      Softie Reef

Comment

FJW is a good place, but I just thought I add that Instant Ocean is not giving you brown algae.

Comment

Working...
        X