Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What's New?" vs. "New Posts"

Traci,

I really do not see the difference between these two links on our site.

On other sites (ex: www.aquatic-photography.com) their "New Posts" link displays all the new posts and not only the new posts that we haven't seen the last time we logged on.

I think it would be helpful (if possible) to make the "what's New?" link to display all the threads that are started or posted on the last time we logged on. Which means it stays the same.

And have the "New Posts" link to display all the new threads started or the ones with new posts dated back to maybe one day, 1 week, 2 week, and a month as options. www.trophs.com has this option.

I don't know really. It's no big deal either way for me. I'm just drinking so you know how it is....
    I ate my fish that died.

Okay, Drunkie....if another site decided to jump off a bridge, would you want to do that too? j/k

Seriously though, the difference between the What's New and New Posts links is location. The What's New link is ALWAYS there so if you are on the Articles tab and want to see all the new posts that you haven't read, you just click that tab instead of having to click Forums, then New Posts. That's all.

If you want to be able to click some links to show you all posts in a time period (1 day, 1 week, 1 month), I can probably figure out the queries and modify the templates to make that happen. But I'll need a little time.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
      Okay, Drunkie....if another site decided to jump off a bridge, would you want to do that too? j/k

I would only jump if everyone on the box jumped with me.

J/k, I still love you Traci!

If you want to be able to click some links to show you all posts in a time period (1 day, 1 week, 1 month), I can probably figure out the queries and modify the templates to make that happen. But I'll need a little time.
      I think it would be cool to have that as a function. I don't want you doing all this work this for me.

Here is why I would like "new post" link to have the options....

I log on for about 3-5 mins at work every few hours to mod my forums to make sure people are not acting up. I don't get to look over all the new threads. When I get home to really get on the box and read all the new thread for the whole day (or the whole week) I have to look at every forum to see the most recent threads.

Again, if it's just me then no biggy. It's not a big deal at all really. I know you are busy.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

For you, MJ, I will definitely work on having these options. It shouldn't be too hard to add them. But I have to figure out the easiest place to put them....
        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Okay, you should now see some additional search links in the 'Quick Links' menu (Go to the Forums tab and you should see a link called Quick Links on the Nav Bar). Click on Quick Links and on the dropdown menu, you should now see....

Today's Posts
          Posts from last 7 days
          Posts from last 14 days
          Posts from last 30 days
          Our Fishhouse

Comment

Traci is bad@$$!
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Such a cry baby
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
              X