Facebook Account linking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Account linking?

Not sure why, but I just noticed the icon at the top of the page. I clicked and it brought up my info and asked me to link them. I agreed, but got this message "Sorry, that facebook user does not match what we have on record, please try again." Not certain what is occurring and wondered if anyone else had a problem with it. Maybe a username error?
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Hmmm...that's interesting. Does your email address here match the email address you use on Facebook?
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

What is the point of this?
      Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Just to let you all know, the Facebook Connect thing is brand new...I'm still learning it too. )

mnemenoi - Can you try something for me? Go into your Settings (top right of this page, you should see Settings by your name), then look on the left side of your settings page and look for the "Edit Connections" link. If you try to connect there, does it let you?
        Our Fishhouse

Comment

It allows you to Publish threads/posts/articles/blogs to your Facebook page.
          Our Fishhouse

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
            It allows you to Publish threads/posts/articles/blogs to your Facebook page.
            Oh, OK. :)

Comment

The following errors occurred during your registration

• Sorry, that facebook user does not match what we have on record, please try again.

This is all I am getting, not that important I suppose. I just wanted to see if I was failing on some simple aspect that I was overlooking. I use the same email address and DOB. It only has 4 checkboxes and I have submitted with all checked, all unchecked and all possible combinations in between. Could be a setting on my facebook account as well, I'll fiddle with it and see. Should I find the cause I'll let everyone know.
              Desiderius Erasmus
              GHAC President

Comment

Thank you. As far as I know, me and imaguygeek are the only 2 so far who have enabled it. I unchecked everything, guygeek left it all checked. Neither of us got that error. I'll see if I can track down what it means...might help to figure out why it's happening.
                Our Fishhouse

Comment

Cool, I poked around on my Facebook account and found Houston fish box as an app. I gave permission, but not sure if it worked or not, I guess we shall see.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

It's giving me the same message.

Comment

Well apparently something worked as I can *like* articles now. Not sure if it is working properly, but I have faith in the internet gods.
                      Desiderius Erasmus
                      GHAC President

Comment

I posted the error over at the vBulletin site so hopefully we'll hear something. I would like to know why some people have the error and some don't. I did a google search and found that other sites are having this same problem.

Tell me....do you see the little facebook icon like this at the top of your screen now, or does it still say Connect?
                        facebook.jpg

Do you share this computer will other people? Are you actively logged in to Facebook when you are trying to connect? I'm just trying to think of reasons it might be doing this....
                        Our Fishhouse

Comment

It still says connect and I do share the computer, but I am logged into my facebook account. Houstonfishbox.com is listed on my apps in facebook.
                          Desiderius Erasmus
                          GHAC President

Comment

I'm logged into facebook when I try to connect. After I tell it to connect, my profile pic pops up, but after I refresh the page, it goes back to the blue "Connect" button.

Comment

I applied a fix...can one of you see if you can use the Facebook Connect now?
                              Our Fishhouse

Comment

Working...
                              X