My mixed 29g Nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mixed 29g Nano

2010-06-15 00.01.10.jpg2010-06-15 00.00.27.jpg2010-06-15 00.00.41.jpg2010-06-15 00.00.18.jpg2010-06-15 00.00.02.jpg
    Finally some pics of my Nano. New to SW but getting addicted and WILL be getting a bigger tank. Here goes trying to list whats in it:
    Zoas
    Torch coral
    Hammer coral
    Frogspawn coral
    Tri color rics
    Green mushroom
    Kenya tree
    Green polyps
    Xenias

Yellow back damsel
    Percula clowns
    Niger Trigger (scared of the clowns and hidden in rocks. And I just put in the clowns today while the trigger has been in tank for about a week now. Wussy trigger? LOL)
    Hermit crabs
    Emerald crab
    Snails
    Lawnmower blenny

This tank is almost done. Want some more rics. Taking out the trigger and damsels. Getting a wrasse and green coral goby. Then finish this expensive hobby...till bigger tank comes along...
    Last edited by dthang8; 06-15-2010, 01:01 AM.

Looks good
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thanks. Sorry for the unclear pics cuz it was taken with my phone. Also, it seems I keep getting these hairy-like red/purple algae. How do I permantly get rid of them? Someone told me its called cyanobacteria? And its due to too much lighting? But I only keep my lights on tank about (at max) 6-7 hrs daily. I've taken a turkey baster and suck some out but it keeps coming back. Is there anything I can put in tank (like med tablets)?

Comment

I thought the Niger Trigger is an aggressive fish that can grow to 1 ft long?

About your hair algae, cyno or whaever, don't be too quick to use chemical to treat it. If you don't find the source, if would just come back later. Whether it's too much light, bad bulbs, high phosphate, high nitrate or whatever, that is what you need to correct.

Comment

2010-06-27 19.50.00.jpg2010-06-27 19.48.13.jpg2010-06-27 16.49.26.jpg2010-06-27 19.50.39_Pearland_Texas_US.jpg 2010-06-21 23.36.51_Pearland_Texas_US.jpg
          2010-06-27 19.48.46.jpgAdded:
          Wellso
          Red mushrooms
          Blue rics
          Haiti 3 color rics???
          Candy cane
          Bumble bee snails
          Black and white percula (free so I had to take it)
          Sebae anemone (hosted by tomato clown right now)
          Attached Files

Comment

Building up a nice collection I see!
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Man, my xenia and kenya tree seems to be dying and I don't know why. I won't open and flourish anymore. I seems like it shrivels up. But all my mushrooms, rics, zoas, and frogspawn seems like growing like crazy. What's happening? And now that it seem the cyano is gone, my sand has like brownish algae.

Comment

Great tank!!! that trigger will definately outgrow a 29g before long. don't put too much stock into dying xenia, there seems to be ppl that grow it like algae and others it dies while everything else flurishes. the algae problem is either nutrient related or lights. if your lights are new then it's nutrients. make sure you have a skimmer rated for 2x your tank size with all those corals and fish, sell the trigger (lowers the bioload), and be sure to get lots of snails for cleaning. macroalgae will also help. but be patient, there is always a little algae in every tank but the good news is that in saltwater, there is always something that eats it.
                Softie Reef

Comment

About the Xenia ...
                  About 6, 8 months ago, I had one that grew and flourished for several months and then it started to decline and died.

I now have other Xenias that are doing very well. Same tank. I did not change things around that much. I imagine something changed but I don't know what.

I also have many corals that do well and a few just die on me.
                  I have no ideas.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't dose anything or change any patterns that I've been doing. Changing out water on this nano once a week. My rics are growing twice the size of when I bought it. Not worried about the trigger since I will be moving him and couple other fishes over to the 55g that I just finished setting up (just needing about 15 lbs more of rock and I'm done). Prob just gonna let the 55g cycle with ls and lr till end of month before moving fishes over. I just love how I see other ppl's tank so clean and nice but I guess in time. Don't wanna rush and have everything die. Can't afford to buy anything else right now. BTW, my gf prob dump me cuz I spend so much time and what money I have left on the expensive hobby. HAHA. PPL walk out but my fishes are trapped with me.

Comment

updates?? i recently got a 29 gal biocube and addicted!

Comment

Working...
                      X