WC Moba Momma Spawn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC Moba Momma Spawn!

Stripped a wc moba momma this weekend and she gave me 6 little F1 beauties. They are 10 days old and in the tumbler.

Pics to follow this week.
    180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Congrats!

Comment

Sweet

Comment

How many fry are you sitting on total these days?
        120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
        180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gene D View Post
          How many fry are you sitting on total these days?
          Just these 6 F1's for right now and a wc 11"+ moba male that I'm selling.

My wc moba harem should start producing any day now.

Did my regular 50% water change this weekend and will start feeding them a variety of frozen and sinking pellet foods.

Usually I have anywhere from 30-75 fry available for sale but I had a big order that went down to McAllen/Brownsville recently.
          Last edited by RonR.; 05-23-2010, 11:56 PM.
          180g Oceanic w/colony of 8 WC Moba Fronts (1m/7f) purchased from TNT Cichlids in Jan '05 & numerous fry. 1 F1 adult moba male. 2 2217 Eheims, 2 6080 Tunze Streams, WISA airpump, single stage Johnson ETC.....fishkeeping since 1988.

Comment

Surprise, surprise, surprise............just noticed another wc moba momma with an extended lower jaw. I think she's holding as well......maybe day 1 or 2.

One of my wc moba females likes to hold air bubbles and expel them. This one hasn't expelled any bubbles so I think she has some eggs in her mouth.

I'll follow the 5-day no feed rule til Thurs and strip her at day 10 or so.

Won't be long til my diy floating nurseries are full of F1 moba fry!!!!

Comment

Pictures?!??!

Comment

Very goog news, congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                300 Gallon Moshi, Clown loaches.
                180 Gallon Red Bulu, Clown Loaches.
                120 Gallon Ikola, Clown Loaches.
                92 Gallon Duboisi, Clown Loaches.
                40 Gallion fry.
                10 Gallon fry.
                33 Gallon Shrimp.
                4000 Gallon Koi.

Comment

Got another 11 F1 fry tonite after stripping one of my newest wc moba mommas. This was the first spawn for this one. Got her in October. Stripped her on day 11.

Comment

Must be something in the water.

Comment

Working...
                    X