Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ADA 60P

Hey guys,

I found a brand new 60P + 24" 96w T5H0 for CHEAP, so I couldn't help myself. Just ordered me a stand, overflow box, and some other nik naks.

The stand I ordered is so cheap, im not sure of the quality so I might have to go get a stand made.

Here are a couple pictures before I hook everything up.

Waiting on my mag 3, need a light for my fuge.... and a return J tube. I was planning on using my old 13mm outtake from my planted tank but.. seems like i'll be pushing alot of flow thru only 13mm. What do you guys suggest?

The sump is also a old wet/dry system I got for 40 bucks. I liked it because its relatively small, not many sumps can fit in a 60p stand. It didn't come with bioballs. I was just gonna crack some live rock and put the rubble under the egg crate and have maybe one large rock with chaeto n macro sitting on top next to the sock filter. I might put in another baffle.
    Last edited by soymilk; 05-14-2010, 04:43 PM. Reason: i speak fobbinese

+ what do you guys think?

150w Metal Halide w Radium 20k bulb

or

24" T5HO (4) bulbs w bulb combo 14-20k look

I have both fixtures already. Was wondering what you guys thought.

Comment

I hate you!

You know I been looking for this tank too!

You might want to consider going with the t5 to get the spread.

That MH might not cover the whole tank. You might have to take it up higher to get the same spread.

So far so good!
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I'll try the t5s first and see what kinda growth I get. I'm running T5s on the mini L and so far everyone is happy. I don't get the same kinda intensity with the t5 though.

I might have to go to homedepot and get some conduit and rig me up something.

Comment

Looks good go with the T5s a lot less heat
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

By the way thats a huge sump
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

thats what she said... ) but seriously bigger = better haha?

im looking for a smaller sump but can't seem to find a decent one thats cheap. Looks like imma have to go to walmart and get a 10g.

Comment

Nice looking setup so far, I've always liked the ADA tanks. Have you thought about using the PAR38 LED light that nanocustoms sells. The 20K 21W version looks really good. Keep us updated as you progress.

Comment

I have thought about it.... and getting some track lighting, and getting it all together on some conduit.

Debating it, just don't know how the corals are going to react. + the par38 is expensive haha. It's 120 + shipping each. I'd want like 3 for this set up... I'd be looking at something like 450ish for the light set up. I rather just get one of those pre made led lights like this...

I also have like 24 cree leds laying on my desk. I still haven't designed a fixture yet, had some notes on a napkin. But just haven't had time to go machine anything yet.

Comment

I still need to get a few new pieces but this is what its gonna look like so far. I got the stand for under 30 bucks brand new. I was just gonna get some thin plywood and put some formica on it for a cheap fake wooden stand, and attach em with magnets.

I had crazy algae growth with leds, and great experiences with t5h0... so i dunno anymore. I might sell off my spare leds. I need to find a sump that will fit in there now haha. That or make one... 10gallon doesn't fit in there.
                    Last edited by soymilk; 05-15-2010, 05:39 PM.

Comment

So far so good!

Personally, I wouldn't go with formica. Go oak man.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Bare bottom or sand? I read having a bare bottom makes things a lot easier. Just don't know how it'll look when algae grows on the bottom pane.

I'll look around HD and see what kinda wood they got. Hopefully it'll be cheap
                        Last edited by soymilk; 05-16-2010, 01:30 AM.

Comment

I would put a sloping sand bed like with PTs.

I like having sand cause a lot of pods grow and live in there.
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

If you want to see a BB tank go to FG they have their big one set-up as BB. I personally dont like it and same for what MJ said
                            Resident fish bum
                            330G FOWLR
                            34G Reef
                            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Also make the cabinet oak or pine. Or go with clean black paneling. Do a glass stand like ADG has now that is pimp.
                              Resident fish bum
                              330G FOWLR
                              34G Reef
                              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
                              X