collonista snails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• collonista snails

You may have seen small snails in your tank that resemble a smaller turbo snail. Dont worry they are harmless, and will help keep your tank clean. These snails will come in on live rock, and it only takes a few of them, clean water, and luck to get a good colony going. I have tons and tons of the snails in my aquarium. They are mainly nocturnal but will occasionally be seen during the day. These small turbo like snails can get as big as 1/4 an inch and will have a white shell that will eventually become brown with a turbo snail like pattern. Anyways these creatures are considered reef safe and are effective algae eaters. If populations increase to high and you want to thin out,a sixline wrasse is known to eat smaller snails in the home aquarium. If any one is interested in some of these snails i have plenty, but keep in mind that they are a small species of snail, and will populate your tank in about a year or so. More information can be found at the links below.

75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

here is a few pics i took of mine. Keep in mind that these are smaller than the earaser end of a pencil. Photos taken with a cannon 20d Iso 400/1-30th/5.6

75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Thanks for the info
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
      X