My painful 260g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My painful 260g

The last two nights I have been busting my butt putting water in this thing. Well this morning I turned on the pump and bring on the noise!. I knew things wouldnt go perfect my first time around. To much splashing in the overflow and in the drain. Also my return union leaks. I will be fixing these problems hopefully later today. I've had this tank sitting in my living room since september. Sorry for quality of picture. I took it from my phone. I'm in a rush so i'll add more details later.260g tank 002.jpg

Good luck. What is this going to be? FOWLR, Reef, or mix.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

It's going to be mixed. I added about 160lbs of live rock today. I got in the tank and I forgot to empty my pockets. So there goes my cell phone. I tried to take a picture before it shut down but wouldn't let me. For lighting I will be going with 6x54T5s HO and 2 175w MH.

Comment

Here goes a couple pics. I need a camera Bad.
        260g tank 006.jpg260g tank 010.jpg

Comment

Added two firefish and a cortez stingray. It's only about 4 inches in diameter so it will be fine for a while in my tank. Eating great. My main concern was adding it to my tank when it isn't really established. 260g saltwater tank 009.jpg260g saltwater tank 010.jpg260g saltwater tank 007.jpg

Comment

Yeah I let me tank cycle for like 2 months before adding fish but you never know your time may be fine depends on how "live" your rocks where. Let us know how they do. FTS?
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Good Start!

Dude that stingray is bad@$$!
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Cool ray!
                PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Thanks. FTS really isnt much to look at. I'll be adding some more live rock soon, and maybe a new fish today. Hopefully I get to hang my T5 light today also. I bought 2 rays but one is on B/O.

Comment

where you get the rays?

Comment

i want one
                      fish keeping is like being with a woman...you need lots of time and effortto make it work

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy_19877 View Post
                        where you get the rays?
                        I got them at Fish Ranch II(a sponsor on Here)

Comment

Originally posted by thatboydavid View Post
                          i want one
                          Call up Tran at Fish Ranch II. They are out now. All they have is a blue spotted ray. He told me yesturday he is going to be ordering some soon. Cheapest that i've seen.

I just got some new additions to the tank I will post pictures soon. ****** triggerfish, large toadstool, flower pot, and some zoas.

Comment

Cool tank, what are you planning on stocking it with. Lots of fish can go in a 260g!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy97 View Post
                              Cool tank, what are you planning on stocking it with. Lots of fish can go in a 260g!
                              Well so far I have 2 firefish(hopefully they don't get killed, to fast to get out), Niger triggerfish, and a cortez stingray( name is rayray). Today I picked up a volitan lionfish(name is fishy fishy fishy, lol some of you might get it). My other cortez stingray came in so I will be getting it this weekend. My next fish i'm looking for is a porcupine puffer. After that i'm not sure. Any suggestions? Here goes a couple pics. 260g saltwater tank 004.jpg260g saltwater tank 001.jpg260g saltwater tank 011.jpg260g saltwater tank 012.jpg260g saltwater tank 009.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X