Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recomendations ?

My bettas like little ramshorns - they make good betta snacks
    but I need to keep the algy down in my betta containers. So I can't use the little snails and the Giant Apple snails are too big. I love giant ramshorns but they're outlawed in Texas, About the only thing the right size is the olive nerlites and they are U G L Yl anyone know something that will make me & my bettas happy ?
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Try another kind of nerite. There are a lot available now with much more attractive patterns, and who do as good or better at cleaning as the olives.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

We use young Apple/Mystery snails in my daughters betta set ups. They do not seem to grow as fast in the smaller tanks (she has 10 gallon section into 4) and when they get to big you can take them back to your LFS or put them in a bigger tank. With any luck maybe your LFS would trade the large ones for some smaller ones. Ours was just a little under pea size when we put them in her tank at Christmas and they are just now marble size, however the ones I put in my gold fish pond are already golf ball size and breeding. I am going to be in Galveston 15th of next month, have some babies I would be happy to give you.
      "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

Working...
      X