Best place to buy some nice corals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy some nice corals

I just started my tank tonight and it was hell. My canister is not working corrrectly so I have to fix that ASAP. Its an ADA 5.5 gallon tank. I will be using a 2215 and an mp10 for filtration. Where are the BEST places to buy frags or full colonies? I DO NOT want the same old frags that everyone else has. thanks for any pointers.
    ADA mini-m planted
    ADA mini-m riparium
    ADA 30-C nano reef
    ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
    ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
    Eheim 90cm SA biotope
    110g Peacocks

hey nikka, holla at me.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

TNT
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

fish gallery
        fishless

Comment

FG really needs to step their game up on corals. I went there yesterday and it is lacking
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by screename View Post
            I just started my tank tonight and it was hell. My canister is not working corrrectly so I have to fix that ASAP. Its an ADA 5.5 gallon tank. I will be using a 2215 and an mp10 for filtration. Where are the BEST places to buy frags or full colonies? I DO NOT want the same old frags that everyone else has. thanks for any pointers.
            It's admirable that you want the more special corals but if you are experimenting with a small new tank, I would try some easy ones first to see how it goes.

Comment

global aquatics sells all big colonies. I got a 5x5 colony of hulk zoas for 25$. Most of my corals are from there. Reefs2go.com has rics buy 2 get 1 free at 10$ a ric.
              75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

global aquatics is on the north side on 1960 over by lake houston.

Comment

I always see really nice salt water stuff at City Pets. I dont really know exactly what I'm looking at, but they have a good selection of stuff.
                  If it ain't wild caught
                  You ain't doing it right

Comment

Went to global aquatics 2day to pick up some water. There getting a shipment of aqua cultured corals this Saturday. Said there is supposed to be some bright awesome colored stuff coming in. This place has less tanks the fish gallery, but a bigger coral selection. He doesn't sell frags just big colonies. And his tanks are the cleanest in all of Houston. If you have never checked this place out, I suggest a visit.

Comment

Global is awesome!!!!!! Its just soooo far.
                      ADA mini-m planted
                      ADA mini-m riparium
                      ADA 30-C nano reef
                      ADA 90-P community Tanganyikan
                      ADA 120-p overflow Full reef in progress
                      Eheim 90cm SA biotope
                      110g Peacocks

Comment

its about 3 blocks from my work so im lucky. But i sometimes drive across town just to see other stores just for fun.

Comment

city pets has cheap corals for as low as $5, so if you kill them you only lost a little bit of money. i bought a 5 head watermelon zoa from there for only $5
                          pepperoni pizza

Comment

You should check FJW, nice stuff, good prices, and Dennis is a very helpful person. He also inexpensive frags.

Comment

Working...
                            X