Alright it's alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright it's alive!

I've had my 20g tall cycling for two weeks now and today I seen my first sign of life besides the D**N Damsel (I think this name is going to stick) and two Pineapple sponges. Not sure but it looks like it could be a very tiny tube worm. I was stilling here with my magnifying glass look at the live rock and seen this thing going out more and more in the water. Stayed out for just a minute or so before closing. So looks like so far I am doing something right, maybe I will be able to start adding a few fish in a couple of weeks.
    "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

I have been wondering what those things were called and never remember to look it up when I had the chance so I have plenty of those sponges and wondered if they were good or not.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

yeah, live rock tend to have interesting hitchhikers.
      Those worms are harmless filter feeders.
      But if you start hearing clicking in the tank... that's another story......
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99 View Post
        yeah, live rock tend to have interesting hitchhikers.
        Those worms are harmless filter feeders.
        But if you start hearing clicking in the tank... that's another story......
        What would be doing the clicking??? Mantis shrimp (sp??) Also how many Bristle worms does it take to become a bad thing? I have seen some people say leave them alone and other say get them out, and last some say as long as you dont get over run your okay. I seen two last night and if I need to get them out I want to do before start bring home new fish.
        "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

Bristle worms an mostly harmless. They keep the tank clean by eating detritus and dead things.
          Once in a while you'll find some that actually attack live things, but as long as you don't see these, they should be fine...
          Just don't touch them... they HURT!

about the clicking.....
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Wow I had seen these before but had forgot about them to be honest. Thanks for the warning on the Bristle worms I did not known they could sting. Darn good thing I changed my mind about grabbing out the two I seen last night

Comment

Damn those pistol shrimp are sweet. Yeah more than likely you wouldnt have been able to grab the worms anyways they are way to quick for that you have to buy the traps. I tried to catch one in my tank once and they would disappear when I got near them.
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

holy crap...that video is SWEEEEET. I've never heard of that shrimp before. There are so many awesome creatures that live in saltwater....really makes me want to try my hand but I have neither the money or the knowledge to dive off into something like that.
                If it ain't wild caught
                You ain't doing it right

Comment

Woohoo going to pick up some stock for the tank today, Will not be too many things but at least it's more than the "Damn Damsel" lol. Mean while he makes the trip back to my local lfs where he can find some other new loving home lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X