Breeding Bettas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeding Bettas

Help my male does not want to blow a nest what should I do??

We're going to need a LOT more info in order to help.

Please give us details about everything you can.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Ok well I have set upt Bettas to breed I had the male in the 10g set up and the femLe in a smaller container besides the 10g. But yesterday I put the female with the small container in the 10g and I think he has stRted to build a nest he is just not fast enogh!

Comment

How long have you had them? What kind of filtration do you have on the 10g?

Comment

For about 2 weeks.

Comment

What is the water temp? I think it should be gradually increased to between 80F - 82F. And do you have something in the tank for him to create his bubblenest in? Phishphreek recommends using a small Styrofoam cup cut in half and taped to the inside of the tank. I've used this method successfully. The male betta will create his nest in that.
            Our Fishhouse
            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

The Temp is at 79-80 I belive. I'll increase it a little.
              And yes I have half a cup taped to the side. Making a tunnel looking thing. The problem is that his bubbles keep popping. And he can't seem to make a big nest. The female is in a small container in the tank too.

Comment

Perfect. That's strange that they keep popping. There's no movement on the water surface, right? The nest won't have to be too big. He should know when it's a good nest. Is he going up to her and flaring and stuff yet?
                Our Fishhouse

Comment

I have a small sponge filter in bit the movement is very little if any. But mayne I'll try turning if off. And yea they both flare at each other and he goes back and fort to her and the nest.

Comment

Well, I'm not sure how big his nest is, but I can say that my male built a really small nest compared to the photos of the nests built by other betta's that I saw online.

I'd let them at each other and see how it goes...sometimes they know better than us that it's time.
                    Our Fishhouse

Comment

Just be sure to watch them if you do, and be ready to take the female out if necessary. :)

Comment

Ok yea I'm going to keep an eye on them.

Comment

Working...
                        X