Two Great Shops on the North Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Great Shops on the North Side

My wife and i got into this hobby about 6 months ago and are still newbies but have had a lot of help and free advice from alex and Cassie at Ultimate Fish on F.M. 2920 between Spring and Tomball and from Jason at Fish R Us on FM 242 near the Woodlands. Thank you also for a lot of great advice and help to tohose on this forum. Ultimate Fish has some great fish! Our compliments and appreciation to both of them.
    Bear
    125g Community (Jack Dempsy, Electric Yellow, Jewel, Yellow Labs,
    Electric Blues, Leporinus, Green Terror, Pike, Pseudos, Vieja Synspillum, Convict, Peacocks, and more
    120g 12 Brundi Frontosa Colony
    125g 7 Mpimbwe Frontosa Colony
    50g 2 Flowerhorn;
    10g couple grandkids goldfish

I always visit Jason and now that I have even got into salt water they are both the top dawgs of the north Houston area I would also add pet city

but I still have to go to the sw side to get my nls
    Tropheus Elitist Maximus
    150 Troph & Petro mix Link
    ** P.Trewavasae P.F.Chimba P.M.green **
    ** T.Zongwe**

150 Tropheus Moorii "Murago" Link

Comment

2 great store's!

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

never go to fish r us.. there are dead fish in EVERY tank.. plus they are over priced and have terrible customer service. they have no idea what they are talking about

Comment

i've been to both, fish r us, has always been freindly and I have never bought any thing there. Ultimate fish has some great prices, but the store is so stuffed and seems not well taken care of, there fore i have not bought there either. My wife wont even walk into it.

Comment

I go to Ultimate Fish regularly. Yes, it is a bit dirty, but the fish are usually great... most of my two tanks are stocked with fish from Ultimate Fish.

Comment

does ultimate fish sell discus?? I stopped by today but theryre closed on tuesdays..

Comment

does ultimate fish sell discus?? I stopped by today but theryre closed on tuesdays..
                ultimate fish times 10-6:30 mon-saturday (winter time, normally we are till 7:00), sunday 12-5, closed tuesdays, yes we sell discus, but its usually at a random occurrence as all our shipments are, more recently they've been captive bred, yes the store is really dirty and unorganized mostly due to fish related hoarding ;D but i think our selection of fish (mainly cichlids) makes up for it, as of right now ultimate fish is downsizing, we are cutting the store in half, not due to the economy or anything but we are planning to open another location where rent is non existent and so, own the place. selection right now is kinda on the low side due to the remodeling, we just got saltwater in though, but fresh fish are on the way soon
                "Is this freshwater or saltwater?"......

Comment

do you have any discus currently?

Comment

nope
                    "Is this freshwater or saltwater?"......

Comment

ultimate fish is a great store last i was there i saw a few huge red bellied pacus that i'm pretty sure are the ones I dropped off a long time ago because i couldn't find anyone to take them and they outgrew my tank. appears they couldn't find a home for them either. but there they sat well taken care of as are all their fish. and about every other visit i found some new fish and occasionally coral that I couldn't live without.

Comment

Ultimate Fish has always been a good store. I remember when Alex first opened on Kuykendahl (I think that was the early 90's). I've bought most of my Africans from him in the past. Just about any African cichlid I've asked for he's gotten for me. I've not gone bye in the last 9 or 10 months. He's always got some cool Petros and Tropheus. He's always been very straight with me.
                        Emerald Green Rainbowfish
                        Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

I dont care a bit for Alex. I have been to his store many times since its right down the road from me. The guy has no maners and doesnt care if he sells you anything or not. I wont go back there ever. That being said. His store is like a candyland for fish keepers. He has like hundreds of tanks and you never know what will be in the next one. I loved going to his store. To bad he is such a @@@hat.
                          10 Gallon (emergency tank)
                          20 Gallon (emrgency tank)
                          58 gallon ( Tetra, Platie, Cory)
                          125 Gallon (Ikola)

Comment

All you dissatisfied customers must be on crack. I have dealt with Alex at Ultimate Fish and Jason at Fish R Us for over 10 years. Both have great stores and excellent stock with a wide varitey. I live in Spring and take the tour of the major fish stores in Houston every 6 months or so looking for something new or some bargains. I'm always shocked at how much more expensive things are in Houston, and have not once bought a fish from anyone but Ultimate Fish or Fish R Us. For the one who said that Alex didn't care whether or not he sold you a fish... I would agree with that, he doesn't pressure you to buy a fish no matter how much of his time you have taken up with questions. Support all your local fish stores, especially these.

Comment

I will and do but....They do not stock most of what I want. So I am forced to go south or the internet. If you want to ask me what I need I will be glad to tell you.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Working...
                              X