pool to pond??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pool to pond??

Does any one know if I need somekind of permit to convert my pool into a pond or am I free to do what I want??
    HALA MADRID!!!!

Legally I have no clue. But if it's against the law that would be BS. Do what you want. If kid's are around have a fence around it. Gate's that lock.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Speaking from my experience as a swimming pool tech, as long as you don't change the structure of the pool, like raising the bottom with concrete,or building shelving for plants etc, probably not. I have seen it done, years ago. You will have to re-think your filtration somewhat if you want bio filtration, but that's for pond people to help you with. I doubt if most pool filters would be good for a pond. As for the chemicals in pool water, most will dissipate in a few weeks if not sooner, I've seen a few that were left un-treated for whatever reason and reverted to ponds before too long. I know of one near my house that had goldfish breeding in it, with no circulation or filtration at all.
      Have Net Will Travel

Comment

Yeah I want it to be a natural pond no filters Im just gonna get loads of plants to keep it clean....Ive been watching this videos from australia of people turning their boring pools into natural ponds and its just bad *** how they have all sorts of rainbows and blue eyes!!
        HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

i would use the filter if it were me a pool sand filter makes a good bio filter
          beam me up

Comment

I don't know what plants you have in mind, probably something that floats, like hornwort. I think water lettuce looks really cool but it's probably not legal. I know a guy who had it in his pond, and was totally fine looking IMO.
            Pools are pretty deep for most rooted plants, but some of the water lillies are really fine. I have some hornwort you can have, and I know where lots of it is growing wild. Good Luck
            Have Net Will Travel

Comment

Originally posted by riofrio View Post
              I don't know what plants you have in mind, probably something that floats, like hornwort. I think water lettuce looks really cool but it's probably not legal. I know a guy who had it in his pond, and was totally fine looking IMO.
              Pools are pretty deep for most rooted plants, but some of the water lillies are really fine. I have some hornwort you can have, and I know where lots of it is growing wild. Good Luck
              yeah hornwort would be on the list and some parrot feather and maybe some anacharis....Ive seen plenty of hyacinth and water lettuce around were I just might grab some and maybe wisteria could do a good job aswell.
              HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

On the "Pond tours" it is not unusual to see former pools. Water lillies (planted in a tub) will come to the surface. If it is a rectangular pool , you can breakup the geometry with a floating "tuffa" boulder; I saw a 6' diameter boulder in DFW, it even had some parrot feather growing on it.
                If you ask for permission, some beaureacrate will say "NO".

Comment

Originally posted by blacksmith37 View Post
                  On the "Pond tours" it is not unusual to see former pools. Water lillies (planted in a tub) will come to the surface. If it is a rectangular pool , you can breakup the geometry with a floating "tuffa" boulder; I saw a 6' diameter boulder in DFW, it even had some parrot feather growing on it.
                  If you ask for permission, some beaureacrate will say "NO".
                  Yeah I hear ya there!!
                  HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X