sodium thiosulfate crystals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sodium thiosulfate crystals

Anyone interested in going in on some? Sodium thiosulfate is a mild reducer used to dechlorinate tap water. The dry crystals are used to make drops and last a long time? I'm gonna get some seller info and cost for different volumes. Just testin' the water for interest right now.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

How much you thinking of getting. I have about 1/2 pound left. Could always use more..

PN

Comment

I want 1lb.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

OK guys, I'm trying to find a supplier in the Houston area. Looks like the cost is gonna be 3 to 5 dollars a pound.

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I have never used it, does this also remove chlorinates?
          150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
          115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Never heard of chlorinates, Al. If you mean chlorAMINES, then yes, sort of. It breaks the chloramine bond into its two components, chlorine and ammonia. It neutralizes the chlorine and leaves the ammonia behind. For most tanks, the biofilter handles the ammonia just fine.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I just spoke to Prosper on the phone. He has a supplier up near Hobby Airport and is looking to get some sodium thiosulfate for his store. He's gonna get us some bulk pricing so I'll get back to this thread with more info as I get it.

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
                Never heard of chlorinates,
                Mark,

I did not even notice that it changed to chlorinates, I saw that spell check had word underlined but I did not notice that it had changed. I would be willing to try 1 lb.
                150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Shoot in that case I can get 5 lbs then. That should last me for 2 lifetimes

pn

Comment

O.K. So far;

Al wants 1 lb
                    76Dragon wants 5 lb
                    John wants 1lb

Mark

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Never used this before, but how would you rate it compared to Prime. Also, about how much dechlorinator would 1lb. make?

Comment

Originally posted by supadave View Post
                        Never used this before, but how would you rate it compared to Prime. Also, about how much dechlorinator would 1lb. make?
                        a gazillion gallons....
                        how many drops are in a quart ?

this is like having a big bottle of zip drops. It does not have any of the extras (slime coat) in it.
                        I use it to neutralize bleach when I decapsulate brine shrimp eggs or make sure all the bleach is not a problem after I clean equipment.
                        'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                        He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Change me to a life time supply. 5lb's. It dechlorinates and it breaks the bond on chloramines.(which is ammonia&chlorine) It's not near as aggresive as prime. Which is a big time oxygen remover. I use wet/dries so I know my oxygen is good after a water change. I know my wet/dry will handle the ammonia. If you are only using canister's and or HOB's use at your own risk. Run your water thru a carbon filter, PLEASE!

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

15 Carbon Snake - Check
                            Sodium Thiosulfate - Check
                            Water - Check
                            Fish - Check

Anything else Jonn

Oh, fish food - Check ( Got 11 lbs of danichi the other week)

I should be good for a while

Phung

Comment

Please put me down for 5 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X