• Fish Land

Fish Land...

all i can say is
    -Andy is cool as hell
    -best prices in houston
    -their fish are really healthy and cared for
    -they give good advice/information

10/10 for fish land!

this is one of the places I have yet to visit..
    HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

Andy is a AWESOME dude!
      380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
      300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
      180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
      150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Yeah, even after getting upset with him a couple years ago for getting cheap with me, I have to admit, Andy is a pretty stand up guy. And he does have good prices and healthy fish too.

CF
        Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Re: Fish Land

+1 fish land is awesome.
          In my top 5 lfs

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
          -Stephen Roberts

Comment

+1 here, I do a lot of Business w/ Andy. My advice is go when he first opens, he's much more willing to work deals w/ no one else in the store. I also wish the place was bigger, but what can you do?
            ‎Haiku's are easy
            But sometimes they don't make sense
            Refrigerator

Comment

Andy charges half the price that other LFS's would charge. go see for yourself people!

Comment

How do you think hardware supplies (filters, tanks, lights etc etc) compare to City Pets?

I'm fixing to buy a new tank and It will be between these two stores.

Basic quoting seems to be pretty close pricing.

Comment

I have purchased all my glass tanks from him. I think he has really good pricing, and he is cheaper on filters.
                  380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                  300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                  180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                  150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Really good guy...I just bought my first FX5 from him. Im gonna buy another one, and even though I can save like $20 buying it on ebay, I would rather buy another one from him just to support our local LFS's
                    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                      How do you think hardware supplies (filters, tanks, lights etc etc) compare to City Pets?

I'm fixing to buy a new tank and It will be between these two stores.

Basic quoting seems to be pretty close pricing.

city pets has a more wide selection. but fish land has good deals.

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                        Really good guy...I just bought my first FX5 from him. Im gonna buy another one, and even though I can save like $20 buying it on ebay, I would rather buy another one from him just to support our local LFS's
                        +1

I'm with you 100%. This is what all LFS should be trying to do. Stop trying to "straight jack" your customers. I would love to support my LFS but I just can't justify paying almost double for items at my LFS. But in Andy's case...even though I could save $20.00 bucks online......I would rather buy from him because I can get it right then and there....plus I'm supporting him.

Comment

Stopped by last night after work. It was worth the drive for me. I got some awesome deals on filters and other items. Store is clean, good quality fish, and decent prices. Andy personally came up and introduced himself to me. Andy and his staff gave me top notch service.
                          Raul
                          PokerFace

Comment

fishland +1

fishland is one of my favorite fish stores in houston. excellent prices, example- two blood parrots for 5.99 apiece. same size as extreme fish n pets 19.99 parrots.

as far as tanks, they do have good prices on new but if you are looking for used check TTs. i got a 72 gallon bowfront for 150 bucks.
                            175 pacu (coming soon)
                            55 blood parrots
                            36 brackish dragon gobbies
                            10 nano
                            10 albino clawed frogs

Comment

I think this is the best store in all of Houston. Its not as big and not as busy, but that leave more time for them to help the customer. He was very receptive to questions over the phone and very informative. Very nice and legit owner. I tried this place 2 years back and all the fish I had were healthy. Only cause of death was that they were eaten by bigger fish. The store have a decent variety of fish. I think this place has the healthiest fish as well. I recommended my cousin to buy some saltwater stock from this place. My cousin told me all his fish survive till this day as well. The outside is not as nice, but the service and advice the shop owner give to the customers is well worth it in my opinion.
                              180 gallon RR wild discus, harlequins, congos, rainbow, pleco, cardinals, rummynose, rcs, and amanos.  2260 eheim pressurize co2 4x54 tek lights

Comment

Working...
                              X