ADA Mini-L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA Mini-L

I had a itch, that I had to scratch. So I headed over to HAW and got this little number. The guys over at HAW are always badass. I'd go there every day if I didn't live so far. I'm a saltwater nub, but after looking at everyone's reef setup. I just had to get me one. I live in an apartment so i'm sorta tight on space already (not to mention I already have an ADA 60p and ADA 90p). Was trying to get another tank in the bedroom, but the wifey shot that down quick. My only choice left.... Nano/Pico

So here we are...

ADA mini-L
    10lbs live sand
    10lbs live rock

Day #1 New tank

Day #2 New Sand and Live Rock

+5 hours

Day #3 Clear Water + New Toy

Little bit of rescaping

I just rescaped it again. I'm just not happy with what it looks like. If anyone got any tips or criticism, don't hesitate to let me know. No plans on any fish in there, just coral and cuc. The wife wants nemo..... but yea...
    Last edited by soymilk; 02-15-2010, 04:23 AM.

I'm using an aquaticlife 24" T5HO for now until my leds come in. I'm planning on making a led fixture. Bought 50 bucks worth of heatsink + aluminum .250 sheet stock + $200 bucks worth of leds + drivers and junk.

I woulda just gotten a HQI but with a tank like that, I really didn't wanna have to deal with salinity swings from all the evaporation. Led = win. Hopefully.

This is the new aquascape up with my 36" marineland led light fixture on there just to see how the leds are gonna look. This is about 5 leds shining down on it. My new light is going to have 6 whites and 6 blues.

Took alot of live rock out, tank is too small. It woulda been too much of a hassle to get to things the way it was. Let me know what yall think.

Comment

Awesome start! LED sounds sick! You should make a How-to thread on how you put it together.
      What are your plans on livestock?
      And it begins...

Comment

i don't know dilly about saltwater livestock. So maybe you guys can help me with that lol. Or else the wife is gonna make me put in the cast of finding nemo. )

Comment

I wanted the cast of Finding Nemo but in my 125G, I can only have clown fish, royal gramma, regal tang, yellow tang, cleaner shrimp. The others are either too big, too hard to keep, or incompatible with corals.
          Your Pico tank can house the 1st two at best.

Comment

Gonna try just coral and cuc. Might do a goby or clown, just one though. Don't really want to but the misses wants it lol.

Comment

yay u did it! \o/
              40G Breeder (47G) Planted Topless Tank

Comment

its gonna be a nice tank...lol..

Comment

Nice
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

newest and final rockscape. Now just gotta wait til cycle is over. I bought that carri-sea live sand, does it actually help cycle faster?

Comment

i feel it helps it cycle faster.... newest scape looks good ....wait a week or two and then throw a bunch of snails in there. hows that mp-10 workin for ya?
                      25g - Reef
                      3.5g - Surge Tank
                      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Clean tank!

Love the vortech.
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

ohhh, i am soooo getting an ada this friday!

tank looks really good!
                          thats vortech is pimp.
                          what gph do you have it set at?
                          also, what are the dimensions of this tank?
                          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

tank is 18 x 9.5 x 12 inch

if you can wait a bit, try to get the 45p. Jeff over at adg is about to get a shipment in any time now. The 45p is about one inch wider than this tank, makes it alittle easier to work with. There's a 30c ( 12" x 12" x 12" ) at city pets right now. HAW has 1 mini-L left. I haven't seen anyone else with ada tanks in houston.

vortech is on lagoon mode right now. whatever that means lol.

Comment

mp-10 is working great! I have to say im not too impressed with the unit though. The motor feels respectable, but the control box feels cheap like a toy. The serial number was already peeling off. This was a brand new sealed box too! Oh well, as long as it works good i'm happy.

I picked the mp-10 over the nano because of size and variable power. The k-nano just ended up tanking too much space in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X