Looking for a Discus Forum site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Discus Forum site

Does anybody know of good forum dedicated to Discus? I'd just like to browse around and soak up all the useful info I can in order to make my new Discus tank as awesome as possible. Somebody point me in the right direction por favor...(thats Spanish for 'please')
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Discus Forums is a community dedicated to the raising and husbandry of symphysodon know simply as discus.

This is a discussion forum Specializing in Discus Fish and other tropical fish

I'm a member of both but haven't on them in a while.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

dude your brother worked at HAW, he knows about keeping discus.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
        http://www.discusforums.com/

This is a discussion forum Specializing in Discus Fish and other tropical fish

I'm a member of both but haven't on them in a while.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
          dude your brother worked at HAW, he knows about keeping discus.
          lol, good point Mike!
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

RIIIIGHT...nah, seriously though, I know simplydiscus is a good site to use. If you gots questions, Mark is a brilliant mind to pick when it comes to these fish. and you know you can ask me for help anytime. I think your gonna be in the "growing out" phase for a little while though, so you got time to read up and refresh your Discus skills
            250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

simplydiscus is the site let me know if you got any questions
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

sweet. thanks everyone for the tips. I had some really nice Discus a while back and I loved them. They were fun to care for and beautiful to look at but I've never raised them from fry before...time to do some reading.
                If it ain't wild caught
                You ain't doing it right

Comment

You might have been told this but with fry or juvies the most important things are WC and food. Make sure you are feeding them a lot and WC everyday so that you dont stunt them.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                    You might have been told this but with fry or juvies the most important things are WC and food. Make sure you are feeding them a lot and WC everyday so that you dont stunt them.
                    +1

Right now their RATE of growth is at its max. Try to feed a variety of food high in proteins and lipids, with lots of water changes.

Mark
                    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                    X