Stocking a local school tank....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stocking a local school tank....

So im setting up a 75 gallon at the elementary school i attended when i was younger (post elementary). The budget is thin but i really want to make this happen for the kids to enjoy and maybe make some future hobbyists! I am looking for people to donate some fish so i can stock the tank. i am mainly looking for some hardy SA/CA cichlids. i will be maintaining the tank so the fish will be cared for properly. Let me know what you guys have, this is for a good cause. THANKS
    I make people happy

why not put your geo fry in there. that way they can watch them grow...
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Guppies and tetras might be a better choice for this tank. good luck.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
        why not put your geo fry in there. that way they can watch them grow...
        the only fry i got left are araguia fry which are like 30$ a pop hahah but that is a good idea if i had some cheaper fry. thanks bro.

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
        Guppies and tetras might be a better choice for this tank. good luck.
        i ran the tank 4 or 5 years ago and i kept cichlids very successfully in there and even bred in the school tank. guppies and tetras are of no interest.
        I make people happy

Comment

ill donate my pikes and pacu if they are interested.

ive also got driftwood and stones.

lmk
          FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

wht will you do with that 75 then? geos?
            I make people happy

Comment

yep
              im going to put my geo brasiliensis fry and balzanii in there.
              FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

and im going to try and find some crasilabris and winemilleri to go in it aswell.
                FRENCH FRY!!!

Comment

I have a pair of Pink Convicts that will fill the tank for you.

But consider an assortmant of Gourami - blue, gold, platinum, pearl, opaline, etc. low maintaince, large size & long life.
                  'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                  He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Originally posted by PhishPhreek View Post
                    I have a pair of Pink Convicts that will fill the tank for you.

But consider an assortmant of Gourami - blue, gold, platinum, pearl, opaline, etc. low maintaince, large size & long life.
                    +1 I like this idea.

Comment

phish, that would be great, would the convicts screw with gouramis? im also gonna drop a p bass in there and probably brians pikes.
                      I make people happy

Comment

pbass will eat the gouramis. convicts might also kill the gouramis, then the pbass will try to eat the convicts but choke on the fins.
                        fishless

Comment

I have a bunch of Red Zebra juvies....averaging 2" - 3"....
                          A mouth will say anything....:ym_chatterbox:....Take a picture!!!!

Comment

hmmmmm...red zebras would be GREAT
                            I make people happy

Comment

I can definetly give you 5 of them....when ever you're ready to pick them up....
                              A mouth will say anything....:ym_chatterbox:....Take a picture!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X