All About Fish (I-45 South)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All About Fish (I-45 South)

Well I had to go check this place out. Their corals and frags were possibly the most colorful I have ever seen in person. It is a small place, but from the selection I saw on corals, It was HUGE. Prices were a lil more on the high side, but to be honest, I'd probably shell out the extra $$ for thier coral-stock. It was simply amazing. Neons, purples, blues, even pinks. It was super refreshing from the "typical brown blah" you see in most places.

Their drygoods were limited, but it would be a good store to pick up things for maintenance and whatnot. I wouldnt think you'd be able to get everything for a entire setup there.

Their Liverock seemed okay. I looked at a few places for live rock and I would rate them as a place to get supplemental live rock, but not the majority of the tank. I didnt see any with good coraline growth. Mostly the fuzzy browns. But then again that could probably be chalked up to the time of year.

They have a Redsea Max setup in the main room and it has to be the best looking Reef Tank I have seen in person. I thought tanks that nice were only found in pictures! LOL!

Overall I would rate this place an A. I enjoyed my visit, and glad I gave em a shot!
    40G Breeder (47G) Planted Topless Tank

Thanks for the review....I don't believe I have been there.....might have to drop in sometime.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Were his prices marked on the tanks?

I did a salt tank for about a year. I would stop in ask about something and have a price quoted.

Would go back a day or two later and get quoted a different price.

Didn't play that game real long.

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
        Were his prices marked on the tanks?

I did a salt tank for about a year. I would stop in ask about something and have a price quoted.

Would go back a day or two later and get quoted a different price.

Didn't play that game real long.
        That was what I had heard as well, but I decided to check and see for myself. Areas were marked with prices. From what I understood it was "stuff in this area is x amount". That would make sense considering the frag tanks had a huge footprint compared to how shallow they were. There were prices marked on the tanks. I guess I'll really know when I start making purchases. Hopefully I wont run into a problem. /fingers crossed.

The fish prices were too much for my blood (a teeny tiny blue-green chromis was 8$) so i probably wouldnt get fish there, but the corals seemed priced decent for the quality.

Comment

Thanks for the review! This place is really close to us, so I've been wanting to go. Is there any freshwater stuff in there, or is it all salt?
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
            Thanks for the review! This place is really close to us, so I've been wanting to go. Is there any freshwater stuff in there, or is it all salt?
            I HAD to go despite the reviews about them on MARSH since it is the closest SW place to me as well! It was all saltwater, sad to say. They seemed to be like the plant-section in Fish Gallery...only in coral LOL.

Like Daniel had posted, there is chatter about the guy quoting different prices (which I do not like) So I would be a tiny bit cautious. Those reviews were from a while back though, so maybe he heard about it and changed. I dont know since I had never been until Saturday, but it is worth checking out. I was floored ^_^

Comment

Working...
            X