X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitty's 34G Oceanic Cube

FTS 2/14/10

Current Setup
    Tank/Stand: Oceanic 34G Cube (Black Trim)(Drilled for later use)
    Substrate: 30# Caribsea Aragonite Oolite (I wanted fiji pink...nowhere sold it)
    Heating: Fluval Vuetech E100
    Filtration: 12# Fiji Live rock + ? Dead Fiji, AC70 fuge mod, Octopus 100BH Skimmer
    Flow: 1 K-Nano, 1 K-1
    Timers: Coralife Digital Powerstrip (its a PITA) 10am-8pm
    Salt: Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix (Will probably switch once this bucket is used.)
    Lighting: 150W 20k HQI w/T5HO All Blues (MH is the only one in use at the moment)

STOCKING LIST
    What I currently have:

Livestock:
    1 Occ. Clown
    1 Peppermint Shrimp

Macro Algaes:
    Chaeto
    Red Gracilaria

CUC:
    3 ??? Snails
    1 Blue Leg Hermit
    2 Emerald Crabs
    149 Dwarf Ceriths
    7 Nerites
    7 Florida Ceriths
    7 Nassarius

What I plan to stock:
    Corals:
    GSP
    Mushrooms
    Rics
    Zoas
    Bubble Coral
    Candy Cane
    Hammer Coral
    Plate Coral
    Xenias

Livestock:
    1 - B&W Occ. Clown to accompany my Reg Occ. Clown
    1 - Goby/Blenny (undecided as to what species)
    1 - Pistol Shrimp

CUC:
    1 Brittle Starfish?

Future 10 Gallon Fuge List:
    Bristleworms
    added: Nassarius(?) Snails
    added: Micro Stars (If I can find)
    Cerith Snails
    Chaeto

I plan on having a couple of macros in the display as well, Not sure which ones though...
    Last edited by Kittysnax; 02-20-2010, 03:42 PM.
    40G Breeder (47G) Planted Topless Tank

should of said something on the sand...i had two bags of it here at the house brand new never opened.......

Comment

LAME! LOL!

I forgot all about it to be honest LOL! I think once the cloud settles and filters out it will look okay though. Then I can scape it and leave it alone. Right now the rocks are just piled up in there, I couldnt see through the cloud to see how they are. I give it at least 2 days or less. Im changin the polyfill in the AC70 every 6-12 hours and I can finally see the sand at the front of the tank so its workin!

Comment

add livestock little by little. you dont want to overload your bio filter. start with 1 or 2 fish and a coral then give it a month or so before you add another fish. Also i would advise you to lower fish count just to have less of a bio load. If you start little by litle and you feel like it can handle it then add.
        75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Yea I planned on that. I have done this before, but not corals, not this small, and not in like 7 years LOL!!!

I figured The CUC would be first. At least some Zombie snails, Cerith Snails, and maybe a emerald crab. I dont really want hermits. (Maybe in 2-3 weeks)
          The fish, I wanted to add a cheaper fish at first, so I thought maybe 1-3 chromis to test it out. (more than likely one, in about a month)
          Hopefully Ill be ready for a small coral by my birthday (March 18th)

Im not really sure how Im gonna stock it just yet. Im still tryin to relax from the nightmare setup! ROFLMAO

Comment

no pics of the fuge?
            25g - Reef
            3.5g - Surge Tank
            10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

it isnt plumbed yet. i probably will wait to do it one day when Im bored and get the "DIY bug" bitin my a$$ LOL. I ended up usin the 10G I got to downgrade my 20G planted tank. I have the old wet-dry trickle filter under there now, but not hooked up. I just threw all the parts into the box and jamemd it under there to get it outta my way for now. Im beat. /faint

Comment

i see you got your hole drilled!
                75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Take your time and don't rush it, but of course, we can't wait to see more pictures.....

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

oh man you guys! LOL! I woke up this morning to a crystal clear tank. I was so excited, thinkin I would be able to scape it then leave it...man o man was I wrong. I moved 2 rocks and it was back to square 1. /facepalm. So I changed out the polyfill since it was all yucky and let it sit for about 30 mins. Not seeing any change in cloudiness, I decided "What the He77" and blindly scaped it going by touch and the little sight I had on the sides of the tank. It all felt solid when I was done re-arranging, so hopefully it will be clear by this evening and I can see how I did on scapin. If it looks decent I'm just gonna leave it alone. If it looks unstable, Ill move things around....AGAIN. Hopefully pics tonight after the water clears up.

Oh and I plugged the hole up I had drilled with a plug wrapped with teflon tape. I figured I'd save it for a day I feel like bothering with it. Could be a week....could be a year. I just wanna do it right and not have to do it again as far as plumbing goes.

I have been so out of it I totally forgot to give super thanks to cichlidfan and fishlady for sellin me this sweet cube and stand. I love it! ^_^

Comment

You're welcome, and I'm sure FL is so excited for you .....we can't wait to see it a week from now......good luck.

CF
                      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Keep us posted
                        Resident fish bum
                        330G FOWLR
                        34G Reef
                        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

odd.. i used pool sand in my 125g this weekend.. NO clout.. Didnt rinse it.. Nothing.. Clear as day!... $10/bag for 50lb!

Comment

true mhx, but its best to use aragonite in a saltwater setup. PFS has no buffering abililties.
                            25g - Reef
                            3.5g - Surge Tank
                            10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Quick semi clear pics:

Right Side:

Front:

Left Side:

Comment

Working...
                              X