Gsp from fresh to salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsp from fresh to salt

Can I move my gsp from fresh to my reef tank?

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

The simple answer is yes....years ago I had one that I bought as a brackish water fish and introduced him to the tank after acclimating him to the same salinity that I already had. Eventually I gave up the brackish tank and re-acclimated him to freshwater. Several years later I decided to try my hand at saltwater and after slow acclimatization, he was happy in a saltwater tank. He lived about 12 years, survived all the different tanks, as well as moving numerous times in three different cities! As for the reef part, they all seem to have interesting personalities and may or may not be aggressive with your other fish, but he will probably chomp on all kinds of stuff that you probably don't want him chomping on!
    215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
    180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
    58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Originally posted by SteveCGG View Post
      The simple answer is yes....

As for the reef part, they all seem to have interesting personalities and may or may not be aggressive with your other fish, but he will probably chomp on all kinds of stuff that you probably don't want him chomping on!
      I agree. He will be very happy in the saltwater, and VERY happy with all the inverts you have in your reef! Yum, yum...
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
      X