Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowerhorn breeding tips?

i have some questions here for you flowerhorn people

- how do i know when the fishes are ready to breed?
    - does it matter if the female is a little bigger than the male?
    - what is the recommended water temperture?
    - how long does it take for them make babies?

any other important advise would be helpful too.

thanks.

help this kid!!!

Comment

use a divider
      fishless

Comment

thats it? ok thanks.

Comment

i had female red dragon start laying at 4 inches. use a big tank, like 75 gallon plus... get a egg laying female, and put her with a male... my females would lay every 4 weeks... make sure you have some kind of decoration/ obstacles because they will get rough. if your male is fertile, you should get eggs that dont turn white n die... keep an eye on the pair... lots of guys like to separate the hopefully fertilized eggs and hatch/raise/growout in a separate tank... my fh almost alway ate their eggs... good luck

Comment

thanks man, did you get my pm?

Comment

pm replied... oh yeah, one thing i noticed is that when my females were about to lay eggs, they would get real dark, i mean the stress bars would really come out... kinda like the way a flowerhorn looks if you havent changed water in 3 months

Comment

I dont know if mines a male or a female. it has a head but i heard if it has markings on the fin on top then it would be a female. but the markings are really light and barely noticable and it has the second flowerline on top.

Comment

Size does matter in flowerhorn breeding. The female should be smaller than the male as it could really become too aggressive when breeding. Ideally, it should be around half the size of the male. Also, larger males don't easily get bullied by the female flowerhorn.

Water temp should be around 30 degrees Celsius.

You can check more helpful tips on breeding aggressive female flowerhorns here.

Comment

Thread is like 2 yrs old man

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                      Thread is like 2 yrs old man
                      haha
                      dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

The things people do before Posting.... SMH hahah

Comment

Information given is probably not a bad thing... regardless of when a thread was dated the information provided would help anyone looking for it.

Now bumping a sale thread from the past is probably not helpful.
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

i really see no use in bumping a old dead thread thats 2 yrs old.. unless maybe be had a question concerning the same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                              i really see no use in bumping a old dead thread thats 2 yrs old.. unless maybe be had a question concerning the same thing?
                              He didn't bump the thread to ask questions... he added more information on the topic, adding to the vault of information we have here.

questions don't offer any help for those searching for it if there isn't any answers.
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X