Semper's 72 cherry bowfront

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semper's 72 cherry bowfront

This was my last reef tank before i decided to take a break.

72 cherry bowfront

, and no you dont need fancy equipment, to have a great looking tank, just ask those that were fortunate to see some of my tanks.

have always gone with rather simple setups, however did help

that i worked for one of the best aquarium services company in houston dedicated to the marine hobby

i will try to find some of the pics of full reef tank before i took down, but here is a quick one and a pic of two of my favorites

brian

its coraline algae, and many people consider this indicator of healthy and successful tank

some of the people that were lucky to see this tank, were so amazed at how

i was able to accomplish such an awesome looking tank with no protein skimmer, calcium reactor, chiller, and other fancy equipment used like on some of the fancier setups you see on marshreef

Comment

Hey Omar,

I seen this tank in person when you had corals in it and it was really colorful and very established. I actually thought you had a lot of gear on it. Can you post some more info of the things you do to keep a nice reef tank with no protein skimmer, calcium reactor, chiller, and other fancy equipment? This would be very helpfully. Something like, what was your maintenance process on this tank? Thanks man.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Probably the most important thing is getting good quality live rock. I really miss this tank.

the benefits of having an established system is you don't have to really work at it.

its pretty much self-sufficient. I did small water changes using reef crystals about once a month. somewhere in the 15 gallon range

Comment

When is was at it's best what type of corals did you have in it?

Cause I know some are just more picky then others.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

By the way, what type of lights did you have on the tank?
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I had Frogspawn, Green Branching Hammer, Pink Wall Hammer (rarely seen), and it was huge, open brain, candy cane, sun corals

and my favorite was this red/orange plate coral

Comment

Check your PM. I'm about to get another tank and want to see if you think it's a good deal.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Are there posts missing?
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

the majority of the time i had this setup

i had coralife 4 x 65 watt pc's

then I switched to 8 x 54 watt T5HO

Comment

Originally posted by semper View Post
                      I had Frogspawn, Green Branching Hammer, Pink Wall Hammer (rarely seen), and it was huge, open brain, candy cane, sun corals

and my favorite was this red/orange plate coral
                      The tank I'm thinking about getting is around 68g I think. I rather do water changes then dosing every day.

Should be able to work if I just keep simple soft corals huh?
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                        Check your PM. I'm about to get another tank and want to see if you think it's a good deal.
                        god damn thai...u just have to follow my route...jk man...
                        anyway...i suppose you will get a big tank this time huh?

Comment

Man, still undecided. Student loans is not a joke right now. Bills got to get paid and poor people not helping with donations.
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

You dont have to have a protien skimmer. but for the lazy people like me that hate doing water changes, it comes in handy. Also people forget that most lps and softies tend to be hardey corals and can withstand high nitrates (to an extent) . Running carbon and frequent water changes is a good idea when your not using a skimmer. This is to keep the toxin levels down that corals may produce. For beginners i would suggest a good complete filtration system, just to be better prepared. I also know that cf lights work just fine on a reef tank (though sps color may not be as vivid, it will still grow) so you dont have to go out and buy an over the top mh lighting system. There is coralife cf lights that pop up on craigslist all the time for 50$. Just because its a coral tank doesent mean its got to cost an arm and a leg! I have a friend that doesnt skim and has old cf lights. His candy cane, frogspawn, and zoas grow great.
                            75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Should add that he does do reg water changes often to make up for the filtration.
                              75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

Working...
                              X