X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breed Slate?

[post editted]
    I have slate now
    Last edited by djmatthewblack; 02-11-2010, 01:48 AM.

pretty much anything flat would work I believe. I know Dan used to use little flower pots turned upside down.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

The width you're looking for sounds about right, but I would stay with a length of a foot or so. If you go to Lowes or Home Depot, look for a natural slate and you can cut it into 3 or four pieces. Me, I'm lazy, so I get mine from Angels Plus. If you get a really long piece, chances are, they are going to spawn right in the middle and then you'll have to have a bigger container to house the slate if you pull it to raise the eggs on your own. When angels are ready to spawn, they will spawn on just about anything, including the sides of the tank, heaters, intake tubes and your most treasured plant leaf along with the aforementioned flower pots.
      Reasoning with some people is like trying to nail jello to a wall...

Comment

I got a bulkhead (big plastic overflow box) and they keep breeding on that, one female on each side. I know where they like to breed and I know if there is someway I could get some tile/slate up against the sides then they would breed on that and I could remove the eggs easily. The most prolific breeders lay eggs up really high in one area. I am thinking I could get a piece of slate and drill a hole in it, and use that to loop some fishing line around the tile, and hang it from the little bars where the water goes into the overflow up high where they like to breed.

I'm going to go to a home depot or lowe's and get some natural slate pieces and just play with them in the tank and just see if I can get anything to work.

Comment

Alright I got everything in there. For some reason now, the male is eating the eggs instead of fertilizing them. Also this gold angelfish, that I think might also be a male, keeps coming over and beating on the female. None of this occurred before.

The females in my tank are looking ragged. I need to find out who is beating on them.
          Last edited by djmatthewblack; 02-06-2010, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X