Just learned how to crop and zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just learned how to crop and zoom

This is a night time picture of my 125g mixed Tanganyikan tank. I redid the left hand side since the last time I posted pics. I just learned how to crop and zoom in on pics. I'll probably post more pics tomorrow. Enjoy.
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Does anybody know how to make the picture bigger on THIS screen? I edited the photo using software on my computer and at first the size was 800x200. When I posted it on here, it looked too small so I went back and re-edited the size to 2000x700 but it still came out the same size when I uploaded it onto my thread....WTF?
    If it ain't wild caught
    You ain't doing it right

Comment

your pic is nice. i like your fronts, man. and the scape too. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
        Does anybody know how to make the picture bigger on THIS screen? I edited the photo using software on my computer and at first the size was 800x200. When I posted it on here, it looked too small so I went back and re-edited the size to 2000x700 but it still came out the same size when I uploaded it onto my thread....WTF?
        I think it automatically changes it to a smaller size i dont think you can change that, is that all actinic lighting?
        25g - Reef
        3.5g - Surge Tank
        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

In this shot I have on the actinic light and the moonlights. The actinic gives it the purple-ish color and the moonlights help add some of the more aqua blue. This is how I keep my tank lit 75% of the time. The Fronts seem to thrive in this setting.
          If it ain't wild caught
          You ain't doing it right

Comment

Nice pic Rhett. Good-lookin' tank...some of the best fronts I've seen.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I see this happen with full tank shots all over the net, mine included. I think the long side is restricting the size of the photo. But that's just what I think.

And the tank looks awesome!

I bet many cichlids do well in low lighting, since daylight is quickly lost as one goes deeper in the water, and most of our fish aren't from the top 3' of the water column.

I've commented on another thread that my Mbundas are more active with only room lighting, no tank lights.
              55g Planted- Malawi and Victorian Cichlids
              35g Cube- P. Saulosi, Petrochromis, Sunshine Peacocks
              20L Planted- RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Neon Tetras, Snails
              2.5g Planted- Snails, RCS

Comment

Wow, good looking pic.
                150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
                115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Too use a tag from McDonalds.....I'm loving it.... :)

CF
                  Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

nice picture and aquascape Rhett, how are the syn cat.
                    20 gal CRS
                    137 gal Lake Tanganyika

Comment

Very cool.
                      So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Cropping is one of the best ways to edit a picture.

Still keeps it honest while making the shot look a lot better.
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Thanks John. The little cats are doing great. Most of em stay hidden during the day. I usually see em in the morning when I go to turn the lights on.
                          If it ain't wild caught
                          You ain't doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by FrontosaurusRex View Post
                            . I usually see em in the morning when I go to turn the lights on.
                            You don't use a timer?
                            So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair View Post
                              You don't use a timer?
                              No, I thought about getting one, but I've been too lazy. I usually keep em on a fairly set routine of morning light, day light, dusk and night light.
                              If it ain't wild caught
                              You ain't doing it right

Comment

Working...
                              X