Nacogdoches, Texas- Wetland Study Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nacogdoches, Texas- Wetland Study Trip

In the first week of November I got an opportunity to visit a wetland habitat in Nacogdoches, Texas. Though I had read about Eleocharis pravula being native to Texas I had not spotted it before in its natural habitat on my various collection trips around here.I was pretty excited when I spotted some here.
    We also found a lot of other interesting aquatic plants here. Now on to the pictures.

Eleocharis pravulus

Ludwigia pilosa

Eleocharis acicularis

Procerpinaca palustris

Juncus repens
    There are more pictures and a small write up at Aqumusing.
    Thanks
    Bhushan
    Checkout my blog AquaMusing
    sigpic

:emt_thumbs: Very nice!
    "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

Pimp pictures Bhushan!

You take any plants home?
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
        Pimp pictures Bhushan!

You take any plants home?
        Thanks. I bought some back but lost them during my recent move. I have a intresting moss though which we collected from there.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for posting those photos, and great info on plant species growing there. :)

Sorry you lost them. I lost some from the San Marcos trip in anticipation of my recent move (didn't take care of green water in time, grrrr on my part). So frustrating!

What kind of moss? Do you know?
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
            Wow, sounds like a fun trip! Thanks for posting those photos, and great info on plant species growing there. :)

Sorry you lost them. I lost some from the San Marcos trip in anticipation of my recent move (didn't take care of green water in time, grrrr on my part). So frustrating!

What kind of moss? Do you know?
            Thanks. Losing the plants gives us a reason to plan another trip this spring. What do you say. I know a few people who will jump right in.)
            I have no idea what kind of moss it is. Actually have been really busy since the trip so have had no chace to dig around trying to find the ID. I will keep you posted.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonFishFanatic View Post
              Thanks. Losing the plants gives us a reason to plan another trip this spring. What do you say. I know a few people who will jump right in.)
              I have no idea what kind of moss it is. Actually have been really busy since the trip so have had no chace to dig around trying to find the ID. I will keep you posted.
              I'm there! I had a lot of fun on the last trip, and would love to go again!

Thanks, let us know if you ever find the ID!
              "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
              X