Braes Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braes Bayou

Today morning on my way to work I saw a large number "flock" of predator birds over the Breas Bayou between the Fondren and Hilcroft. Latter in the afternoon I went there to find out what attracted these birds and found out a lot of dead fish on both side of the Bayou. They were lying on the concrete banks. Mainly these were plecos and some kind of large cichlids. I counted over 100 bodies. They must have got poisoned overnight as I didn't see them yesterday. Most likely many more dead fish were taken with the water current and the smaller were eaten by egrets and other birds. Very sad story.
    Attached Files

plecos and tilapia
    fishless

Comment

Wow, that's too bad. I wonder what happened? Unfortunately, those two species are considered invasive and usually TPWD advises (or requires) you to kill them if caught. Could have been something government-sponsored or just an unfortunate dumping incident.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

With all the wash out and being so close to the city, anything could happen. dumping, chemical leaking, swimming pool drain, on and on........now there will fewer birds in the sky.
        "The word superstar really turn me off and I tell you why because the word starrrrrrr, Man is an illusionnnnn" Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
        X