Pond completed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond completed

Hello to all, we have finally finished the pond with all the pergolas and the decking. It started in April and had it completed Nov 25. The pergolas are topped with 100% UV protected poly carbonate. 1 side has high yield screen protection from my neighbors trees. This is what I do for a living, building custom decks and patio covers. The pond is powered by a 1hp pool pump with a additional 1hp pump to operate the waterfalls. (We only use 1 at a time and alternate ) Each pump has ball valves to control waterflow and each pump goes to the bio filter. The pond is estimated @ 2250 gallons and we currently have 20 koi including 1 20" high quality Goshiki and 2 20" Showas, Ogons, Hi Utsuris, Doitsu and more. We are @ Maximum copacity with no intensions of adding anymore. Just wanted to add that imagirlgeek really helped us a few months ago when we we're haveing some issues with the koi. Thanks !!!!

Here's a few pics - enjoy!!!
    Patrick
    Like the ZEN master says "we'll see"

more pics
    Attached Files
    Patrick

Comment

Very Nice Work...love that red/black koi......thanks for sharing those pictures.

CF
      Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

and more
        Attached Files
        Patrick

Comment

very nice pond...congrats on finishing it....thanks for sharing your pictures with us too....

Comment

and still a few more. hope ya'll enjoy, and it's a pleasure being on the box!!
            Attached Files
            Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by CichlidFan View Post
              Very Nice Work...love that red/black koi......thanks for sharing those pictures.

CF
              she's the goshiki and 1 of several we had flown in from Kodama koi farm. We are thinking of expanding making a additional pond just so we can breed her.
              Patrick

Comment

thats really awesome! I love the weeping wall type waterfalls... saw one on an indoor pond in colorado, and have loved it ever since... reminds me of the natural springs and limestone faces I've come across in my hiking and adventuring.

once I get a job I definitely want to do something with my backyard... make it more of a place to hang out and enjoy instead of just a place to put the dog...

Comment

Originally posted by pt lavell View Post
                  she's the goshiki and 1 of several we had flown in from Kodama koi farm. We are thinking of expanding making a additional pond just so we can breed her.
                  Is she the big one in the third picture on the first post?

I'll tell you the truth, I've never actually seen a koi that made me think, "WOW! Gorgeous fish!" Her colors and patterns are simply amazing. I've always thought they were pretty, but that's the first one that has boggled my mind. Very nice fish, indeed!!

Thanks for posting pics!
                  "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by JStrider View Post
                    thats really awesome! I love the weeping wall type waterfalls... saw one on an indoor pond in colorado, and have loved it ever since... reminds me of the natural springs and limestone faces I've come across in my hiking and adventuring.

once I get a job I definitely want to do something with my backyard... make it more of a place to hang out and enjoy instead of just a place to put the dog...
                    That was our intention with the waterfalls. My wife came up with the idea of the glass bricks in the center which we can light up from behind at night. What you don't see is a DOG run I built to separate the transition. We have 3 Aussies and they have come to realize NOT to tear up our paradise . Since the start of construction in April we have friends and family come over daily to sit and spend time. It is our piece of heaven.
                    Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                      Is she the big one in the third picture on the first post?

I'll tell you the truth, I've never actually seen a koi that made me think, "WOW! Gorgeous fish!" Her colors and patterns are simply amazing. I've always thought they were pretty, but that's the first one that has boggled my mind. Very nice fish, indeed!!

Thanks for posting pics!
                      Yes she is and I won her on a auction. She has a Z pattern on her face which separates her colors. She is also considered a 5 step pattern which makes her unique.
                      Patrick

Comment

here is a couple of the dog run with a shelving I built for looks to change the transition in a easy way.

removed the pics so I could upload others
                        Last edited by pt lavell; 11-28-2009, 04:16 PM.
                        Patrick

Comment

thats a gorgeous set up...thanks for sharing!
                          I make people happy

Comment

Very nice pond!

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
                              Very nice pond!
                              thank you, if you could see what this area looked like last year you would say it's not the same backyard. My wife put her down and cleared our schedule to start the construction. We had completed a 15k koi pond with a massive patio cover in March and she put her foot down to have hers done. I already knew what I was going to build and it's alive with our koi.

Here are some pics of the pond I designed with the help of the homeowner in Pearland. It is estimated the homeowner has stocked the pond with $50k worth of koi. I must say they are the most beautiful fish i've ever seen. These pics we're taken when I finished the job. I built this patio cover with the UV top as well.
                              Last edited by pt lavell; 12-04-2009, 11:08 AM.
                              Patrick

Comment

Working...
                              X