What invertebrates...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What invertebrates...

...would be appropriate for a South American biotope?
    Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Oh, dear! I just saw this. Sorry you haven't gotten any responses yet, that's odd...

Hmm...South America, eh? Let's see. Are you looking more for snails and that kinda stuff, or more at crawfish/shrimp type of stuff?

I'm really drawing a blank here. (I bet there are MTS in SA, though!) I think some of the larger shrimp species may be from SA/CA, but not positive.

What fish are going to be in this tank, if any? That could help determine what inverts you plan to keep. SA/CA cichlids and Inverts don't mix well. :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

+1 except for snails not sure you can keep any shrimp with Cichlids outside of Angels and Discus. You can do crays and lobsters things that can hold their own
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Here's an interesting thread from Aquaria Central:

I'm toying around with the idea of doing a SA Biotope someday. But are there any inverts for this biotope???
        "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Awesome. According to that thread, I can have mystery and apple snails, which is awesome because I love those - especially apple snails.

Kickass!
          Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Be careful what species you keep. Some as considered invasive. Pomacea bridgesii is the only legal species to keep in TX.

Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
            X