To strip or not to strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To strip or not to strip

My female peacock has been holding for 6 days now. Ive read they take 21 days before babies are ready. She is in a mixed african tank. I do not have a spare tank big enough to put her in(only have a 5g right now). Ide like to try and raise a few babies. Should I strip her and put the babies in the 5g? If so when should i strip (day 21?)? Or should i just let her spit. The tank has a decent amount of rockwork.

Thanks

you can make alot of money stripping
    fishless

Comment

lol maybe some people.... but not me lol

Comment

i would wait at least 2wks. after you strip her you can just hang a basket and raise the fry in the tank.
        fishless

Comment

i was planning to wait the 21 days, is it ok to do it before that time?

Comment

If I remember right after 15 days is fine. I usually like to wait till after the second date before I start stripping
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
              you can make alot of money stripping
              Ever wonder if that ten dollar bill in your wallet was ever in a stripper's G-string?
              PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Originally posted by Nickintex View Post
                Ever wonder if that ten dollar bill in your wallet was ever in a stripper's G-string?
                Nah no one ever gives a stripper a 10 only ones so that $1 you have Nick was probably in ones crack
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                  Nah no one ever gives a stripper a 10 only ones so that $1 you have Nick was probably in ones crack
                  How do you know that?
                  Looks like you have some explaining to do to Sonja.
                  PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Its always fun to point this out after convincing someone to smell a dollar bill by telling them that nearly all ones have drug residue left on them from drug deals...
                    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
                    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
                    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

i used to be a bartender at a strip club and i dont think i ever saw a anything but $1 bills on the stage. people would always come up to the bar ask for change.
                      fishless

Comment

all nicks $1 have been in his g-string
                        25g - Reef
                        3.5g - Surge Tank
                        10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

but seriously somefishguy, strip if you want to ensure 100% fry survival . if that doesn't really matter to you then dont strip, that doesn't mean youll end up with nothing but some will most likely get eaten unless shes in a tank by herself.
                          25g - Reef
                          3.5g - Surge Tank
                          10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

So i just got done stripping her. I got 28 babies from her. They still seem to have a bit of egg sack on them. Is it ok to have them alone... or do theyneed to go back in mommas mouth.

I have them in a floating nursury in the same tank, with a bubble under them, little bit of bubbles get through the bottom(not much very few). Is this ok to keep them in there? They do swim a little bit.

I would assume they are fine to be out of her mouth, but just wanted to check

Comment

they will be fine on their own away from predators!!!
                              petro crazy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X